• Register
  • Help

Topic: Galaxy I versus Galaxy II, receptor

Share/Bookmark

Galaxy I versus Galaxy II, receptor

Hi,

I have been offered a used receptor pro, and I think I am going to buy it, whether or not Garritan's Steinway will run on it or not.

I will buy Akoustik piano, because I need a good upright such as the Steingraeber.

From the demos that I have heard, I am not convinced with Akoustik piano's Steinway. Apart from Garritan's, I like Galaxy's most. I also like Galaxy's Baby Grand, so I think about buying Galaxy, too.

I know that Galaxy II is not (yet) officially compatible with muse's receptor, but I was told that Galaxy I is, and I suppose, Galaxy I Steinway sounds very similar to Galaxy II Steinway (btw. are there samples of the old Steinway available?)

However, to me it seems stupid to buy as well Galaxy I (for immediate use on the receptor) and Galaxy II (to play with on my laptop now, and for future use on the receptor once it - hopefully - will be compatible)

Any ideas?

Re: Galaxy I versus Galaxy II, receptor

Quote Originally Posted by mat123 View Post
    Hi,

I have been offered a used receptor pro, and I think I am going to buy it, whether or not Garritan's Steinway will run on it or not.

I will buy Akoustik piano, because I need a good upright such as the Steingraeber.

From the demos that I have heard, I am not convinced with Akoustik piano's Steinway. Apart from Garritan's, I like Galaxy's most. I also like Galaxy's Baby Grand, so I think about buying Galaxy, too.

I know that Galaxy II is not (yet) officially compatible with muse's receptor, but I was told that Galaxy I is, and I suppose, Galaxy I Steinway sounds very similar to Galaxy II Steinway (btw. are there samples of the old Steinway available?)

However, to me it seems stupid to buy as well Galaxy I (for immediate use on the receptor) and Galaxy II (to play with on my laptop now, and for future use on the receptor once it - hopefully - will be compatible)

Any ideas?
    Hi, I upgraded from Galaxy to GalaxyII last year. I think, that it is the same Steinway sampleset in both versions, so no new Steinway samples (Galaxy II offers great programming and playability and 2 more pianos - beautifully sampled Bosendorfer which is my favourite piano sound right now and Bluethner). If you are into Steinway, do not forget to check out The Black Grand from Sampletekk. Garritan Steinway should be top notch of course.

Regards,
    Lumcas

I have been offered a used receptor pro, and I think I am going to buy it
    I just wanted to inform you that i'm extremely jealous of you. lol; I'd love to be able to play the Steingraeber, or the Galaxy II Steinway without having to use my computer.

If you ever become tired of it, or find that it doesn't suit your needs. . .let me know. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I just wanted to inform you that i'm extremely jealous of you. lol; I'd love to be able to play the Steingraeber, or the Galaxy II Steinway without having to use my computer.

If you ever become tired of it, or find that it doesn't suit your needs. . .let me know. lol
    I sense some subtle irony, right?

Ohhh, the Steingraeber is exactly what I need, and I need it NOW. And I have plenty of ideas what to do with a powerful receptor. There are plenty of options, some of which WILL come true...

-mat123

Go Back to forum