• Register
  • Help

Topic: TBO clicking sound problem

Share/Bookmark

TBO clicking sound problem

I just got TBO, and I'm loving it.. just that there are clicks in some of the recordings... does anyone know what's up with that? Anyone make a new preset with the bad samples removed? Also, some of the release volumes don't match up right.. Tinythings like that.. Also is it just me, or the middle E seems to be out of tune. I also wonder if there is a good convolution file for the release samples. The pedal up sound's convolution makes it sound like it's in a room environment, but then when you release, the release is dry so it feels like the sound obruptly cuts off. (without any ambience)

This one, compared to black grand is more of a player's perspective sound.. with headphones it really feels like the sound is coming from infront of you. I seriously took off my headpones when I first played it because I thought my speakers were on. This is just an amazingly natural, everyday-realistic sounding piano, well worth the investment! Exactly what I was looking for.

Re: TBO clicking sound problem

Ken, have you found the Sampletekk Updates page?

http://www.sampletekk.com/updates.php

Three TBO updates came out immediately after its release, to address the complaints you mention. Perhaps they still need to be applied. I would have thought they'd be incorporated into the shipped sample by now; maybe not.

Larry

is that a hidden page or something.. couldn't find a way to get to it other than through direct link. I downloaded the patches and it did remove some obvious clicks, but still there are still noticable samples that almost sound like their start point was cut off. Hence you get the click not from a recorded audio signal, but from the start of the sample being non-zero, if you get what I mean. Maybe that's just how it is, I don't wan to go in and hunt down all these.. I'm wondering if there's a user that's already done that. I remember seeing a post somewhere about a user removing all the problematic samples, and stretching the good ones, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Maybe I just need to spend a weekend fixing this. Grr..

ps.. I just saw your PM!! arrgh.. lol, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by kensuguro View Post
    is that a hidden page or something.. couldn't find a way to get to it other than through direct link. I downloaded the patches and it did remove some obvious clicks, but still there are still noticable samples that almost sound like their start point was cut off. Hence you get the click not from a recorded audio signal, but from the start of the sample being non-zero

The updates are not hidden. There are (not every emphatic) links on the home page. They are in the center of the page.

I have no idea about the clicks you're hearing. I play TBO in Kontakt2, and I've never had those troubles. There are many TBO users here on NS; maybe someone else has found his way through all that.

You should contact Per Larssen by email from the Sampletekk page. He is very helpful and effective about solving problems, and he likely has run across what you're experiencing.

oh duh! It's on the top page. I kept looking for it through the TBO page. I'll look through the samples and find the problematic ones, and contact Mr. Larssen. Thnx for the advice.

Hmmm, new to me! Please contact me so we can see what's causing this.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum