• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fame (Gore/Ptchford, perf. Irene Cara)

Smile Fame (Gore/Ptchford, perf. Irene Cara)

Hi folks,

I haven't had the inclination to really do much musical recently, but this tune has been in my head for a long while, so I thought it was time to give it some studio time and see what I could make of it.

The track should be at the top of the list here:

GPO is of course providing the main body of sound, augmented with more traditional pop band instruments. Percussion is London Orchestral Perc., some woodwind is from Dan Dean Solo Woodwind Light. Drum kit is one of the Blue Jay kits with a Yamaha snare. The huge toms are G-Town freeware toms.

Well I think that about wraps up this arrangement, I hope you enjoy listening!

All the best,
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement

Re: Fame (Gore/Ptchford, perf. Irene Cara)

Another Hawksley Gem.

John, this is a moving, dynamic piece. Great percussion
    parts, but the rest is well orchestrated. Glad to have
    some more of your music. It's been too long.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hey John! By gosh, haven't seen you around here
    in a dog's age -- great to see you here!

Your usual knock-'em-dead arranging, John; you
    surely haven't lost your touch... excellent job on

I do hope you'll be back with us more often -- I miss
    that Hawksley magic!

My best,

By Jove, 'awksley! That's nice work, but I don't expect anything else from you. Your driving arrangement is very enjoyable. Nice bass work. Thanks for sharing your chart with us.

Don't stay away so long ever again.

Best regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Rhap, etLux, Larry,

Thanks very much for your comments, it's really good to know I haven't lost it! I had a lot of fun doing this one (as I do with all of them); I will try not to stay away so long ;-)

All the best, and thanks again!

P.s. By the beard of Larry Alexander! :-D
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement

This IS a very nie arrangement of a favorite show piece of mine.
    The percussion add a nice touch with a nice use of GPO. You have made a very nice mix.

I feel like I am back in the 70s all over again. Thanks for the presentation.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Birmingham, England

Ahh... John!! brings me back to 1987 when I was a high school music teacher - we performed this with a 300-strong choir! I did an arrangement for my school orchestra (long since lost) which I WROTE OUT (score and parts) WITH PEN AND PAPER!! (gasp - can you believe this?? )

Anyway the choir sang it along to the orchestra. I hired a pro drummer and bassist and it sounded OK!!!

Wow, though - this is a first-class arrangement, John... as ever (I'm a big fan of John's work). Glad to see your arranging chops have not gone rusty eh? I agree with the others though - we need more of your stuff, more often

Lovely to hear this. Just fantastic!

I've only been joining in with the forum for a few months now, so it's a great pleasure listening to your music. Very nice arrangement!!! The driving force of this tune was always cool and you've done a great job of keeping that alive. Now I will have to go back and listen to your other stuff. Thank you for sharing!!!

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Wilton, NH

Nice arrangement on this. It’s been an age since I saw this movie. Sounds great.
    Trent P. McDonald

This is well done and nicely rendered.

Good job

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast