• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB GM Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #4

Share/Bookmark

JABB GM Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #4

This weeks multi adds GM capability to the JABB library. The MP3 is a straight recording of the Band in a Box JukeBox playing four BIAB demo files demonstrating the multi's ability to change instruments based on Program Change messages. BIAB JukeBox Medley
    The multi can be downloaded Here

As with the previous multis the full Phrase Modeled Performance Multi distribution is required available at Mike's K2 Scripts

The JABB GM Phrase Modeled Performance Multi adds a level of General Midi
    capability to the Garritan Jazz & Big Band Library. The Multi will respond to Program
    Change values routing subsequent notes to the appropriate channel of the K2 Player to
    sound the corresponding instrument. The JABB GM Multi uses the Saxophone KS
    instruments translating program change messages to key switches to play the flute,
    clarinet and soprano sax samples. The multi adds a key switched Guitar, Bass, Piano &
    Drums allowing switching between the Jazz and Acoustic Guitars, Upright, Arco,
    Fingered, and Fretless Basses, Concert Grand and Rhodes pianos and GM Sticks and
    Brush Drum Sets. The Multi also includes a Brass Section Patch consisting of the
    Trumpet 5 KS Lite & Trombone 3 KS Lite instruments for use as the Brass Section GM
    patch.

Re: JABB GM Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #4

Still following this with interest, Mike... fascinating
    where you're going with it.

In this one, though, I'm not quite clear what you're
    doing. Could you explain for us a little more fully
    about the PC messages and how you're dealing with
    them?

Edit:

Wait -- re-read that a few more times, think I follow!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow Mike! It's amazing how you can take Band-in-a-Box generated arrangements and add life to them. May people use Band-in-a-Box which works with General MIDI and your scripts provide the bridge to JABB.

These Phrase Modeled Performance Multis are quite remarkable and the programming is just brilliant. I expect to be heading over to PG Music Headquarters in the not-too-distant future and will let the folks there know about these tools.

Thanks for posting this.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Still following this with interest, Mike... fascinating
    where you're going with it.

In this one, though, I'm not quite clear what you're
    doing. Could you explain for us a little more fully
    about the PC messages and how you're dealing with
    them?

Edit:

Wait -- re-read that a few more times, think I follow!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thanks David,

Programs like Band in a Box rely on the GM standard using a single midi channel for multiple instruments, the script routes the BIAB midi stream to the appropiate K2 player channel based on the program change message. For example BIAB uses channel 8 for solos so different parts of a song may have a Piano, Alto Sax & Trumpet solos all sent on channel 8. The script will route the piano to the K2players channel 3, the Alto to channel 11 and the Trumpet to channel 4 (the K2player channels these instruments are assigned to) Further the multi uses the JABB KS Saxaphone patches so the script would route a Flute or Clarinet solo to channel 11 the Alto Sax channel with the appropiated key switch. New KS patches for the Pianos, Basses, Guitars and Drums were created to accomidate multiple Program change messages on a single K2 Player channel. Thanks for openning the door to this further explanation, sorry I wasn't in time to save you the re-reads

My Best

Thank you for the clarification, Mike. It was my
    lack of familiarity with BIAB and how it works that
    was slowing me down... but I surmised that after
    reconsidering what you said a few times.

Keep up the great work on this!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Mike, since the new ARIA engine is arriving, would be interesting to know if it will have scripting capabilities, and if your scripts can be ported to it.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Wow Mike! It's amazing how you can take Band-in-a-Box generated arrangements and add life to them. May people use Band-in-a-Box which works with General MIDI and your scripts provide the bridge to JABB.

These Phrase Modeled Performance Multis are quite remarkable and the programming is just brilliant. I expect to be heading over to PG Music Headquarters in the not-too-distant future and will let the folks there know about these tools.

Thanks for posting this.

Best,

Gary
    Thanks again Gary for your continued support for these scripts and the Libraries that inspire them.

Go Back to forum