• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway's quality in 48kHz project?

Share/Bookmark

Steinway's quality in 48kHz project?

When I use Steinway in a project that is set to use 48kHz (and Steinway is 44.1kHz), does this somehow distort the pitch or the quality of the Steinway?

Re: Steinway's quality in 48kHz project?

Aria and/or your DAW should upsample the piano to compensate. You'd notice the samples being *almost* a third out of tune if it didn't.

Best,
    Reegs

Does this show much in the performance or quality?

Assuming you are using a good sequencer, it should sound pretty wonderful at any reasonable sample rate. I do not think this is a concern at all.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

I'm sure it is. I was just wondering, because upsampling surely must use SOME CPU, especially at low latencies. Can someone tell if this is something drastical in performance, for example when using Steinway in Live situations - does it really matter if it's 44.1kHz or 48kHz?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    I'm sure it is. I was just wondering, because upsampling surely must use SOME CPU, especially at low latencies. Can someone tell if this is something drastical in performance, for example when using Steinway in Live situations - does it really matter if it's 44.1kHz or 48kHz?
    I doubt you'll see a performance hit until you reach a large number of tracks. It's also possible your sound card processor does the number grinding.

No problem!

For example, if you work with Cubase as I do, you can`t notice any different.
    No matter whether you work with 44,1 or 48 kHz.

The most important for the best sound are the bits, not the samplingrate.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum