• Register
  • Help

Topic: QL Strat - Final plea for demos and comments.

Share/Bookmark

QL Strat - Final plea for demos and comments.

I just played Nick\'s demo (again) and I find myself again considering purchasing this library. There was alot of talk in this forum about this library when it first came out last year, but things have really died down about this product. No one has posted any end user demos, I havn\'t found any reviews on the product via the web or on the newsgroups. I was originally not going to buy this product due to the copy protection, but due to my guitar needs I\'m over that. However, this is a final plea for anyone (anyone??) who has purchased this library to post some end user demos and perhaps some revised comments about this library. With all the talk about guitar libraries, you would think this library would get more posts about it. Sounds Online has recently dropped the price to $209.95 for this library. (Is that good news or bad?) Anybody?

Re: QL Strat - Final plea for demos and comments.

I\'ve had the QL strat for awhile and I like it.
    I run it through a pod and it sounds much more realistic than my other guitar libraries . I haven\'t done much strumming type sounds with it, I\'m not sure how that was done in the demo (maybe Donnie could give us some hints). For $209 I would recommend it.

Steve Fawcett

I also like it, plays well with others, but I\'ve been unable to use it because I don\'t have the FX I need to make it work in real-time, and I HAVE to update my computer (333MHZ) to bother installing GS160. I only get 64 voices out of GS96 as it is...

I think if you can process it externally you\'ll really like it-especially for the price.

Dasher

>scf3:
    >I run it through a pod and it sounds much
    >more realistic than my other guitar
    >libraries.

Thanks for the comments, what other guitar libraries do you currently own that you can compare it to?

I have QL guitar and bass, amps and pickups and Hans Zimmer 1. These are kind of apples and oranges because all your getting with QL strat is a clean strat with lots of articulations, but when you run it through an amp simulator ( like the pod)
    you can get a very believable electric guitar sound. Keyswitching is well setup
    allowing you to trigger up and down slides, mutes, vibrato. You hve to run it through some kind of guitar fx processor or it\'s not gonna do much for you.

Hi scf3!
    First off, THANK YOU for your comments.

>I have QL guitar and bass, amps and pickups and Hans Zimmer 1.

Yep, I have those same libraries as well.

I have the J-Station, Pod, software effects as well. So effect wise I\'m covered.

Have you taken the time to create any music with the QL Strat yet? Any little demos worth sharing? If I could hear any 3rd party demo that sounded half way decent, I\'m buying the library. Thanks for your input.

I can email you a cut I used it in if you like. Just let me know where to send it.

( In a earlier post I asked if Donnie could tell us how he did the strumming demo, I meant Nick)

Hi,

You may email me at: dmunsie @ yahoo . com

Splice it together for it to work!

Any small demos of the strat in action would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just a stupid question.

Can you really get a decent sound by re-amplifying the sampled input , or adding effects to it through POD?

I have the PodPro and tried to use it as an effect box with no success. I could never get the right input level without extra distortion, and lowering the volume makes the resulting wet sound much thinner.

I had the pod pro for a while, I could never get it to work. The line input mode is very noisy. There are issues about this on the net. I\'m sticking with the J-Station for my guitar effects, which work good enough for now.

Go Back to forum