• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rebooting computer [Chopin funeral march]

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Rebooting computer [Chopin funeral march]

I feel my computer is about to give up (it's melting as I'm writing this )
    I think I've pretty much asked the same question before but I don't want
    to take any chances . I'm worrying about my GPO registration, will a reboot
    (and thusly a reinstallation of GPO) consume one of the licenece one has?

Last time I asked this I was told that as long I log into the NI service center thingie
    with the same account (as used before the reboot) it would not effect the licence.

But there is another problem as well. Suppose someone had forgotten his
    NI login password and used the "forgot my password" button to get a new one.
    Would THIS consume a licence?

Bear with me for being so übercautious, but I'm not made of money
    and would hate to have to buy another licence
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Re: Rebooting computer [Chopin funeral march]

I think you will find it to be much easier than you are imagining. The NI service center has a section where you manage your registrations. You can easily cancel an existing registration and then you will have the two new ones that are allowed available. If you re-install the software for something like GPO, or have to re-install your operating system or want to change a motherboard, you should always be able to control your registrations. Just re-install the Service Center, it sends a computer ID to Native Instruments so they always know what machine you are using and what software of theirs is on that machine.
    If you have to re-set a password, once that's done, you can open the service center, cancel a registration, and get a particular software a new registration. Don't worry, it will work OK. John

I don't think there will be a problem unless you de-authorize GPO first. I think I recall reading that if you de-authorize an NI library, you can't re-authorize the same library on that machine, but as long as you don't touch the liscense, I think it will be ok.

--Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbat View Post
    I don't think there will be a problem unless you de-authorize GPO first. I think I recall reading that if you de-authorize an NI library, you can't re-authorize the same library on that machine, but as long as you don't touch the liscense, I think it will be ok.

--Richard
    That's correct. You only need to "de-authorize" if you're retiring a computer and won't be using it again for those same NI samples. A unique ID is created for the machine based on seldom-changed hardware (almost never a hard drive!), so you should be fine.

Joe

Pweh..
    Got a new password, everything worked fine. Will re-install my OP later on, will probably work fine as well. Thanks
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Go Back to forum