• Register
  • Help

Topic: minimmog CD

minimmog CD

Hi there

Anyone tried the new biggagiggas minimoog CD?
    Just wondered what is was like!

Re: minimmog CD

Was wondering myself. I got the Prophet CD, which was sort of fun, as well as the Sonic Implants Solina/Mellotron disk, but haven\'t used either in a piece yet, so haven\'t felt like spending more money...

Looking forward to someone telling us some good news...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buchla300:
    Hi there

Anyone tried the new biggagiggas minimoog CD?
    Just wondered what is was like!

Interesting handle. When I was in composition school, I did most of my early work on a Buchla 200 hybrid. Last I heard, the school decommissioned it, and sold it on a palette of junk. Man, I loved that thing.

I played a Minimoog for years; I still even have my programming books and sheets. To take its place I have (for years now) a KORG DW8000, which can duplicate most everything a Moog does. (BTW, I still have a Moog Taurus II, for you that know what that is.) The EX8000 is hard to find, but I like the feel of the DW keyboard, same as a KORG DSS1 I also have (which also does a good Moog imitation). For anybody interested in what is sounds like, I have a very simple song I threw together some time ago on my MP3COM site that has the DW8000 all over it called Positive/Negative. The high strings and the lead (very Moog-like) is the DW8000, among other sounds. If you need Moog stuff and can get your hands on an EX8000, get it: better than a handfull of CDs and more flexable...

Doyle W. Donehoo
    Radar Music

Go Back to forum