• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT Back Surgery

Central Illinois

OT Back Surgery

Hello, Today I will be having some surgery on a herniated disc. I have had severe sciatica for the last month, and hopefully will get some relief from it today. The forum and the new Garritan Steinway have been a godsend for me through this. I have literally been awake 22 hours a day and can't stand or lie down for more than an hour or two. I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my first few posts here, it really has meant a lot to me these last few weeks. I will be in hospital for a couple of days, and then "I'll be back." John (bigears)

Budleigh Salterton

Re: OT Back Surgery

John - I completely understand. I bet the sciatica is down your left side. At night, I guess you stick a pillow between your legs and do all the nightmare exercises - or maybe not. Surgery must mean it's pretty drastic.
    I first did a disk about 4 years ago and was unable to walk hardly at all for about 9 months. And then a year later I did two more with similar results. Physio was the only treatment and it's hard to explain to anyone about sciatic pain.

Decatur Illinois

Wishing you the best John. Let me know if I can help you at all. Are you having this done in town?

West Seneca, NY

Get well soon John! I didn't know that was related to disc problems. Hemingway, you'll be fine and back to the forum in no time!

Be thinking about ya and wish you a speedy recovery.

It's amazing what music can do to relieve pain or discomfort
    from ANYTHING.........

Get back soon and produce some more great music for us.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Best wishes to you and a quick recovery!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

I wish I knew what hospital you were in, I would come visit you.
    I trust you are in good hands.
    I sure have enjoyed your Schumann Traumerei.

Best of luck with the surgery.

A pain in the back/legs is a pain in the ... back/legs

Houston, TX

Thumbs up Re: OT Back Surgery

John, we'll be remembering your surgery and recovery in prayer - best wishes!

John -

I've known your pain. 'nuff said about that.

My best thoughts are for a careful and successful surgery - a risky proposition at best, despite the countless hours of practice the surgeons have had.

Be well, get better sooner.

Go Back to forum