• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems opening old Performance files with GS4

Share/Bookmark

Problems opening old Performance files with GS4

Hello,

The good news is I have GS4 up and running very well with my new Core 2 Duo 3gHz, XP64, 8 gigs RAM and RME digiface. 256 polyphony without breaking a sweat.

I can't seem to open my old performance files from my old GS 2.5 system though. I've copied over the gig files, I open the performance, use the performance editor to resolve the conflicts (annoying, why can't it just search on its own? doesn't want to dig deeper than 1 folder level), save as new, and then select "load into sampler". It does absolutely nothing. no error message, nada. Same thing if I try to load the newly saved performance the regular way. Any thoughts?

thanks!

Re: Problems opening old Performance files with GS4

I havent tried any of my old 2.5 files yet Ill try some later. gs3 files have had no problems opening for me tho
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Yeah, I just tried some GS 3 performance files and they work fine. It appears to be a 2.5 issue. Come on Tascam, how hard can it be to make it work? I've been running two machines for a while now, one with 2.5 and the other with 3. Hoping GS4 can replace both.

I know its pretty annoying but what about opening a 2.5 in 3 and then in 4?
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

My .gig files are totally different between the two machines (the 2.5 and the 3). The hard drives were small so I couldn't put everything on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Judson View Post
    My .gig files are totally different between the two machines (the 2.5 and the 3). The hard drives were small so I couldn't put everything on both.
    GS3 can see network drives. Why not put them both on temporary LAN in order to re-format the performances?

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin View Post
    GS3 can see network drives. Why not put them both on temporary LAN in order to re-format the performances?

Belbin
    genius! thanks for the tip, I'll try that.

Go Back to forum