• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Times Of Peril (With Gofriller Cello)

Times Of Peril (With Gofriller Cello)

Times Of Peril (mp3)

This is a dramatic piece from Golden Age (a radio fantasy production) that deals with sadness and desperation, with small doses of hope. I tried to come up with a theme that was powerful but not too melodramatic, and still retained a medieval-esque fantasy feel for the setting of the story.

Uses GPO strings & woodwinds, other libraries for horns and percussion, solo strad (mixed in with other strings), and also this is my first song to use the Gofriller Cello- which I picked up back in January or so, but never had a chance to utilize until now.

Thanks for listening, I hope y'all like it

Re: Times Of Peril (With Gofriller Cello)

Hey Sam,

What a soaring, majestic piece this is! Very nice elements throughout. I could definitely feel the "medieval-esque" of this work, and the sadness. Almost like someone is saying, "Why is this happening?" "Will things ever be the same again?" A lot of depth and dark colors, but with dashes of, as you said, hope. I sure liked this piece! Thanks for sharing.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

Lenovo, Windows 10 64 bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio, Finale 25, Sonar

Ellendale, ND

Sam, thank you for sharing this piece. Excellent balance of the ochestral parts and a very effective melodic element. A composition that evokes many listenings.

Nice work. I am surprised you took so long to use the Gofriller. It is a nice instrument to use.

Very beautifully written and realized. The cello is great, but the string section(s) sound especially good. Are they all GPO? Any hints/tricks as to how to get the strings so wonderfully rendered?

The piece is lovely - haunting and evocative. I was afraid that when the cello entered it would be too much - glad I was wrong. You can display full emotion and restraint at the same time, and that is a real gift.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Ron Pearl

Absolutely gorgeous in every way!
    The strings sound great! Do tell us how you achieved it.
    Thanks for sharing.

Another "Sam" masterpiece........

Great writing and rendering Sam. Really liked the way
    you structured this piece.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

beautiful piece. the orchestration was wonderful and the rendering top notch. i don't know what else to say other than it was an incredibly well written and executed piece. thanks for posting.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Wine Country, Colorado

This is just amazing. Top drawer stuff. No sense of samples but rather a symphony orchestra performing a well written piece.

Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Sam - Well done - I especially liked the orchestration and the writing. Very epic! The Cello seemed to be more in the background in terms of expressiveness and importance which is certainly OK and was probably your intention.

thanks for sharing - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast