• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rendering JABB in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Rendering JABB in Sonar

Friends, I have run into a weird problem that maybe someone can help me with...

I'm attempting to render a piano part using the JABB Steinway in Sonar. What I'm getting is weird dropouts like it's running out of polyphany, and eventually the audio disappears altogether.

Here's a screen shot:
    http://robntweber.googlepages.com/SonarRenderTracks.png

The top track is the MIDI, and the bottom is the frozen synth. It plays back as MIDI just fine, but when I try to render to audio (including rendering the entire song to a wav file) I get this.

Any ideas? (Hannes, this is why I haven't posted our track, yet).

Re: Rendering JABB in Sonar

Try unchecking the fast bounce option.

Jim

How about this - is there a way to turn off disk streaming so that all the samples load into memory?

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    How about this - is there a way to turn off disk streaming so that all the samples load into memory?
    Click on the "wrench" and change DFD to Sample. The DFD mode will be bypassed and all samples will go into memory.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Here's a tip when you render with Kontakt 2/3 or Kontakt Player 2 in Sonar: enable Engine tab | Offline (Bounce) Mode (and disable it again when you are done with the rendering) - Sonar doesn't enable it automatically. My experience is, that you can even do a fast bounce with Offline Mode enabled.

Btw, you can only toggle DFD/sampler mode in K2/3, not in KP2.

Thanks, Nickie, I'd have gone crazy tonight trying to find that...

Go Back to forum