• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee VKC, I am confused!

Share/Bookmark

Question Scarbee VKC, I am confused!

Hi there,
    I am a producer/arranger,
    A while ago I purchased the VKC Gold bundle (powered by Halion).
    I have read on the Scarbee website that there is a KGB. K2 now with CEP, EEP, SEP, FEP keyboards.
    Is this a new/different version of VKC? . In my collection I don't have CEP, EEP, SEP, FEP but RSP'73, Scarbee D6-C, Scarbee N-HP and Scarbee W.E.P.

The other thing is that I really don't like the Halion player. Could I change it to the Kontakt 2 version?
    Which version of Kontakt do I need?
    I have got a Kontakt player2 v. 2.2.4 that came with Ethno World 4, would it work for VKC?
    Thanks very much for your help and for your great keyboard sounds!
    Best regards
    Gab

Re: Scarbee VKC, I am confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalonso View Post
    Hi there,
    I am a producer/arranger,
    A while ago I purchased the VKC Gold bundle (powered by Halion).
    I have read on the Scarbee website that there is a KGB. K2 now with CEP, EEP, SEP, FEP keyboards.
    Is this a new/different version of VKC? . In my collection I don't have CEP, EEP, SEP, FEP but RSP'73, Scarbee D6-C, Scarbee N-HP and Scarbee W.E.P.

The other thing is that I really don't like the Halion player. Could I change it to the Kontakt 2 version?
    Which version of Kontakt do I need?
    I have got a Kontakt player2 v. 2.2.4 that came with Ethno World 4, would it work for VKC?
    Thanks very much for your help and for your great keyboard sounds!
    Best regards
    Gab

Hi, I vaguely recall, that Scarbee had some legal problem with Fender in the past and was forced to rename his product, so the new product might be the same sampleset that you already own. Why not to ask here? http://www.scarbee.com/forum/index.php

If you do not want to use your Halion player anymore, there sould be some crossgrade offer to the other formats, Kontakt among them for sure. However, you should know, that the Kontakt Player is only able to load samples from specific libraries which come bundled with Kontakt Player, Ethno World 4 in your case. If you want to use some other products which just utilize Kontakt format(this is the case of the KGB I guess), you need the full version of Kontakt sampler.

Regards
    Lumcas

Thanks. Yes you are right, the names of the library have changed but the sounds are the same. I will do some more research.
    Best regards
    Gab

There's a crossgrade in Scarbee's webshop. I couldn't find any downloadable crossgrades so if you are interested in that I would suggest you contact Mr. Scarbee and ask. I think it should be possible since all the products are downloadable.

Best regards,
    Nils

Go Back to forum