• Register
  • Help

Topic: Windows vista & VSTI plugins???

Share/Bookmark

Windows vista & VSTI plugins???

Hi
    i'm looking to purchase an (Acer aspire M3630 PC) it already comes pre-installed with (windows vista home premium edition) my question is, will using this new windows operating system be compatible with most VSTI plugins on the market today??? i'm a musician who needs to use piano plugins on my PC, i've checked out the system requirements but some only quote windows XP, and then say "vista ready" what does the vista ready mean???

Or would it just be a case of uninstalling windows vista, and then installing windows XP for for the plugins to be compatible???

Thanks
    Musicmad

Re: Windows vista & VSTI plugins???

Hi Musicmad,

I'm running a Vista Home system here with Sonar 7 and have zero problems with most VSTs. The one exception seems to be KP1-based products, and it's not a VST issue, but something to do with NI's authorization scheme, NI Service Center, and Vista's User Account Control not grooving. I might one day get to the bottom of it.

KP2 stuff works just fine though (GPO, JABB, COMB), as does ARIA.

Vista-readiness on PCs indicates that their system specs are (quasi-) capable of running Vista's massive bloat. On software products it likely varies, but I would infer that they have been tested successfully on Vista, and their code has been modified to comply with the new security operating procedures, if necessary.

Best,
    Reegs

Re: Windows vista & VSTI plugins???

Thats my point not all plugins are vista ready, but with XP there are no issues here.

i checked every acer desktop model PC (Aspire brand) for an XP operating system, but thay all come pre-installed with windows vista..

i've chosen this particular PC because it completely suits my needs, but with vista being pre-installed it creates an downside for me.

Could i not on purchasing the PC just uninstall windows vista?? and the install windows XP?? would this be a safe to do???

Musicmad

Go Back to forum