• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Pasticcio In A Minor"

Share/Bookmark

"Pasticcio In A Minor"

All of Y'all,

When I posted this last year, it was known as "Adventures In Two Flats". I have since partially rewritten it, including composing additional measures, changing the key and tweaking it extensively.

Here is my "Pasticcio In A Minor" featuring the JABB Steinway piano.

I wrote a questionable modulation that will probably cause Steve Sample to rake my undisciplined rear over the coals.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Pasticcio In A Minor"

I wrote a questionable modulation that will probably cause Steve Sample to rake my undisciplined rear over the coals.
    Larry:
    I always told my arranging classes that sometimes the best modulation is no modulation. Well done. I did enjoy the "snippets" of a Chopinesque LH, "It's a bird, it's a plane, No! it's Mozart," "Farewell to Thee," and some "Peanuts" Theme. Close to the end there are a couple of pitches in first the bass and then the top that are suspicious to my pedantic ear, but I've got a new motto, thanks to Ron,
    "blame it on the computer!"

Always a pleasure and fun to listen to your stuff.

Steve

You hear a lot more in my music than I do. Your descriptive phrases above are a mystery to me because I don't knowingly copy the style or substance of any composer, living or otherwise. I just write what I feel.

Thanks for being easy on me.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I did enjoy the "snippets" of a Chopinesque LH, "It's a bird, it's a plane, No! it's Mozart," "Farewell to Thee," and some "Peanuts" Theme.
    Larry:
    Being a lover of quotes and misquotes, when I hear a car horn go "beep beep" I hear the first two notes of "Blue Moon."
    To steal an analogy from Alec Wider and James T. Maher, I see you as standing at the edge of Echo Canyon in Grand Canyon National Park and hearing echos of every piece of music that has ever been written so when you write, there is no way you can avoid these influences, none of us can, so write on, venerable one.

Steve

Ahhhhh...so that's why I hear never-ending music in my weird brain. .

In the same vein, I whistle harmony to wild bird's songs and "write" a bass part in my mind to accompany every train whistle I hear.

When I was a kid, we had a rusty old gate that squeeked in three-part harmony (G Maj.) each time you opened it. I couldn't resist humming a major seventh each time I swung it open. Dad oiled the hinges one day and I was devastated.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hey Larry,

A nicely done redo on this; and kudos for posting this amidst the expected -- and welcome -- wave of new Authorized Steinway posts. You've shown that the JABB/GPO versions still hold up quite well.

And your piece holds up quite well with it. Very well executed as usual -- and I thoroughly enjoyed the "brick wall" modulation. Perfect way to get to that new key!

When I was a kid, we had a rusty old gate that squeeked in three-part harmony (G Maj.) each time you opened it. I couldn't resist humming a major seventh each time I swung it open. Dad oiled the hinges one day and I was devastated.
    (For me, it was the low drone of my mother's Kirby vacuum cleaner!)

Another gem, Larry! Thanks for posting...

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hey Larry,

A nicely done redo on this; and kudos for posting this amidst the expected -- and welcome -- wave of new Authorized Steinway posts. You've shown that the JABB/GPO versions still hold up quite well.

And your piece holds up quite well with it. Very well executed as usual -- and I thoroughly enjoyed the "brick wall" modulation. Perfect way to get to that new key!

(For me, it was the low drone of my mother's Kirby vacuum cleaner!)

Another gem, Larry! Thanks for posting...

Danny
    You brought this back from the cyber trash heap, Mr. Danny. Thanks very much and thank you for listening and commenting.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Late as always, Larry, but I do get here... lol.

Very nice rework of this... particularly liked the performance
    of those agile articulated passages, very effective.

Well done, my friend! Enjoyed the listen.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Late as always, Larry, but I do get here... lol.

Very nice rework of this... particularly liked the performance
    of those agile articulated passages, very effective.

Well done, my friend! Enjoyed the listen.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Once again this has been brought to page one. I wonder if it deserves it.

Many thanks, Mr. David, for the listen and for your long-time support of my efforts. I really appreciate it.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry!!!!

I have listened to this one, but I have to run of to take a final exam....

Suffice to say, this is awesome. You have gotten better at programming...you still have your onslaught of notes, but it does not have a machine gun sound now! GREAT!!!! This is what I always heard in my mind when I listened to your music!!!!

Anyway...off to take this final...I will return!
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast