• Register
  • Help

Topic: Theme Demo.

Theme Demo.

I was chosen as the orchestral composer and sound designer for this computer game in development code-named, \"The Akane Project,\" and I was sketching some themes. I wasn\'t too particularly excited about this, but than I rerecorded the trumpet parts with a live performance performed by me. I am so surprised how much depth it adds compared to the other trumpets I used. (All samples from the Kurzweil K2500XS) Comments Good/Bad or advice on sketching ideas for an adventure game would be more than welcome. ( http://home.talkcity.com/MiracleMile/a_sapp/Brass.mp3 ) - If the link doesn\'t work, copy and paste the link onto the address bar, that usually works.

[This message has been edited by A_Sapp (edited 03-18-2002).]

Re: Theme Demo.

Sounds great to me A Sapp . Nice writing as well!

Thanks for listening! If Thomas hears this, I think he can appreciate how high I\'m playing on the trumpet articulately. (I know I\'m outta tune, it was a bad take)

Sounds very nice to me! nice trumpet playing!!

It sounds cool Aaron. The only two problems are that you need a better mic and more highs It sure adds dimension to the piece.
    Good going Aaron, high B

Very nice! Bravo! I love the percussion. I can hear the hall. I thought the theme was very moving!

You are where I want to be and for that I say...you suck!! LOL

I meant eq the highs a little. Boost them that is. (The mix sounds a little muddy) About the high D, is it a part of the Gmajor chord in the beginning?)
    Bb trumpet, right? transposed notation? The ever-confusing question.

Anyway, congratulations on your new purchases, hope you\'ll have as much fun with gigastudio as I\'m having!

Yea, I\'m questioning myself, \"How many 17 year olds besides me will own these libraries?\" I\'ve been blessed to a great extent.

Hey buddy, that was a high D above staff. Yea, and you\'re right, the microphone I was using was that of my friend. It cost 30 bucks. Tommorow, after a year of waiting, I\'ll be investing into Gigastudio and a sweet condenser mic with shock mount and phantom power. I\'m glad my Kurzweil lets you plug in a mic into it, so I can use the same reverb the other samples are using. When you said needs more highs, do you mean as in eq-ing, or the performance?

Go Back to forum