• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music for Piano&Harpsichord duo?

Share/Bookmark

Music for Piano&Harpsichord duo?

Hi friends. Im interested in know if anyone knows music for this -strange?- kind of duo, or even music that includes both instruments. I know that historically the piano become a sort of replacement for the harpsichords and clavinets, and want to know your opinion about the result sound of that combination.
    Thanks!
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Music for Piano&Harpsichord duo?

Hi Marce,

I seem to remember tuning both the harpsichord and the piano for a contemporary music concert in NYC thirty some odd years ago. I think the composer was Elliot Carter.

Regards,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by caher View Post
    Hi Marce,

I seem to remember tuning both the harpsichord and the piano for a contemporary music concert in NYC thirty some odd years ago. I think the composer was Elliot Carter.

Regards,
    Chris
    Hi Chris. The music you refer is "the Double Concerto for harpsichord, piano and two chamber orchestras" according to the wikipedia, im looking the web to see if i found any way to hear it.
    Im looking to make an arrangement for piano, harpsichord and violin, and i would like to hear some recording of this.

Edit: I found a link where to hear it. Interesting, even im looking to something in a classical arrangement. http://www.schirmer.com/default.aspx...Id_2874=26718#
    Marcelo Colina

That's the one! I think there was a recording made with Paul Jacobs on piano and Ken Cooper on Harpsichord. I don't remember the chamber orchestra. Orpheus Ensemblel maybe. This was quite awhile ago.

Regards,
    Chris

Go Back to forum