• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Trumpet

Share/Bookmark

The Trumpet

Hey NS people,

Just want to say that I completed a short film last night. In the film I had to write some jazz source music.

Anyway I wrote a piece with a trumpet solo using The Trumpet by Samplemodelling.

The director knew that I'd only been using virtual instruments and when he heard that piece he actually stopped running the film and turned to me and said "Wow, what is that trumpet sample?"

So ... I guess it does get noticed.

Re: The Trumpet

kewl, i was thinking about ordering that, and that comment pretty much settles it

i dont realy know much about it tho, how resource hungry is it, and does it also have a trumpet section preset of some sorts?

no sections-the Trumpet is strictly monophonic
    you could layer the trumps in Kontakt for unisonos or parallel octaves.
    But if you want real harmonys you have to play each line seperately.
    As a sideeffect it will add to the realism.

Hans

aha i see.
    yeah , usualy its difficult to get sampled solo instuments to sound like a section convincingly, so i guess its better for solo use , wich is probably the intention anyway.

thanx for the info.

Hi, I don't usually use it for section work, more for jazz solo stuff. It should be pretty good for sections provided you play them in a line at a time.

Don't forget it includes the cornet and flugelhorn which are pretty cool sounds to throw in from time to time. Also the mutes are really excellent as well.

Has anyone used 'the trumpet' layered over VSL trumpets (3 trumpets) or perhaps EW? It would be interesting to see how this trumpet shapes the sound of another libraries sections sounds.

Mahlon

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    no sections-the Trumpet is strictly monophonic
    you could layer the trumps in Kontakt for unisonos or parallel octaves.
    But if you want real harmonys you have to play each line seperately.
    As a sideeffect it will add to the realism.

Hans
    Hans,

doing this, to my ears this is the best way to sound most realistic.

"The Trumpet" is one of the best soloinstruments I ever have played!
    Sorry that I now am a little bit overtaxed with my dayly work, but very soon I will post a great classical piece with the Trumpet... .

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by mahlon View Post
    Has anyone used 'the trumpet' layered over VSL trumpets (3 trumpets) or perhaps EW? It would be interesting to see how this trumpet shapes the sound of another libraries sections sounds.

Mahlon
    Mahlon,

I have experimented, and the Trumpet is sounding very well together with VSL and EWQLSO trumpet sections.

Because the trumpet is recorded so pretty nice dry you can let it sound in any way you want by using early reflections- and reverb plugins.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I do think that you can get a great mute sound out of this instrument. You can get that Miles sound quite easily.

I'll try and post the jazz track up later. It was written in a rush and had to be quintessential background jazz with brushed cymbals and walking bass. In many ways it's more of a pastiche of jazz than a jazz track. I just included a piano solo, trumpet solo and guitar solo.

Again, as it was background music there wasn't really even a structure to the piece. For instance it doesn't have an ending or anything.

This is why I hadn't posted the track so far.

Still, it does show the trumpet off quite well so I will post it up tonight.

Hi gang,

I've finally posted the track online. You can download it from

http://www.jamessemple.com/music/talionjazz.mp3

The trumpet comes in around 0:46.

The bass is Trilogy, piano is Art Vista Virtual Grand, guitar is live. Reverb is from Altiverb and TrueVerb, tape saturation effect from Izotope Ozone 3.

Go Back to forum