• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Drum set

Share/Bookmark

New Drum set

Alright you guys asked for it and now we are FINALLY going to deliver. Sean and I are making are final plans on our drum set library. We are basically just making beta files right now and seeing how they go. Here is one that I did today of brushes on the hi hat and snare drum.

I played it through on my drum kat. I know it\'s a .wav file but I just couldn\'t bare to turn in into an mp3. Cymbals seem to be harmed the most with mp3 compression.
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/brushes.wav

Donnie

Re: New Drum set

I love those brushes!

Definitely a must have!!!

I have been waiting a long time for brush samples like these! These brushes will be extremely useful for me!

Kip

Fantastic subtle variations in all the samples Donnie. Could you make a (educated) guess how many sampled hits are used in this? Just a guess?

I was wondering if the room ambience I\'m hearing is in the sample (drum booth perhaps) or post-prod.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Fantastic subtle variations in all the samples Donnie. Could you make a (educated) guess how many sampled hits are used in this? Just a guess?

I was wondering if the room ambience I\'m hearing is in the sample (drum booth perhaps) or post-prod.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello! For the most part there are 16 velocities for everything. The ambience your hearing is in the sample and it is from my new studio. The ambience is minimal though (I think) and just enough to give it the sound that we are going for on this project.

Donnie

Ok cool!

What do you think of the Sonic Implants brushes? With the libraries I\'m getting, (including your LOP and Ult. Marimba and Vibes, I need to talk to you, ahh! A_Sapp@yahoo.com) I\'m getting the Sonic Implant brushes.

[This message has been edited by A_Sapp (edited 03-18-2002).]

I wasn\'t familiar with the Sonic Implants brushes so I went to their website and checked them out. Here\'s what the site has to say:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/MPG3/SonicImplantsBrushDrumsDemo.mp3

Session Brush Drums -Download $19.95
    Nobody does these right, we finally did. Lots of brush snare hits, swirls, taps, strokes as well as brush toms and brush cymbals. The cymbals are stereo to give a rich overall ambience. Multi velocity snares, toms and cymbals (each drum and cymbal has up to 3 separate samples from soft to loud) for the utmost in dynamic realism. Boston studio musician Jeff Allison, also a sound engineer for Gigasampler Music Systems described these as \"some of the nicest drum samples I’ve heard in a really long time. These are great.\"

Hmm......

Go Back to forum