• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marching Along

Share/Bookmark

Marching Along

Well, time to do something different. So, last night I ordered the Concert & Marching Band. I got a call from Sweetwater a few minutes ago, and was told that the item was shipping today, Fedex, and I expect it by the weekend. The young man who called was very friendly, pretended that the call was purely customer relations/satsifaction, but he did a wee bit of phishing. The questions were really harmless, and I did not mind saying that I was a composer, retired from part time pianist, used Sonar, and heard about Sweetwater from Garritan.

I have 4 marches awaiting a decent recording for 15 years. I did not have euphonium or saxes. Now I have not excuse not to do the job. First up will probably be a march called "A Little Bit Crazy". This will be my first experience with Kontakt player 2.

Richard

Re: Marching Along

FYI - I've had nothing but good experiences with Sweetwater. They allow returns with no hassles and even send candy along with your purchase.

I can't wait to hear your 12-tone Concert Marches!

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Richard,

I can`t wait to listen to your marches!

One thing is sure: You will have a lot of fun with this library!

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Well, l expected good things from Sweetwater, as I had heard nothing but good about them on this forum, and told them so.

My first effort will be sort of conventional. After a bit of practice, I will try something bold. Marches, playing brass, and piano, were a big help to me in learning music. I still remember my mother playing Under the Double Eagle and Repasz Band, which my mother liked, but did not like the words my father sang to it. I did. I expect much fun with the library.

Richard

I use CAMB in all of my works. Then again, as primarily a wind arranger and composer, it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

I also use Sweetwater, so much better than Black Water.

I'm sure you will be pleased with the library. Might take a little tweaking, but it is a fantastic step in the right direction.

Go Back to forum