• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale issues

Share/Bookmark

Finale issues

I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this problem on Finale '08. I've been inputting Copland's Concerto for Clarinet. At the beginning of the piece the contrabass line is played pizzicato, which I indicated. At first it played fine. Then, for some weird reason, Finale started playing regular bowing and ignored the pizz indicated. I could not for the life of me find the problem. I even converted the music to a midi file to see if there was something I may have accidentally put in that I was missing, but it was fine. Then, like an episode out of the Twilight Zone, it went back to playing pizzicato. This one sure has me baffled. I never changed anything in GPO or in human playback. Anyone else run into this? Makes me think that HAL 9000 is running my machine!
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Finale issues

I've had issues like that off and on. Especially with the pizz vs. arco like you're experiencing. I found that if I restarted Finale or maybe even reboot your computer that took care of it. In fact I haven't had the issue recur since rebooting my PC.

FYI, I've recently disabled hyperthreading which seems to have solved alot of instability problems I was having with Finale. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon, but I'm encouraged by this revelation.

Steve Winkler

Thanks Steve. I will try the hyperthreading tip when I get home tonight and see how that works .

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Another issue I've had with the Finale GPO is that there are two Pizzicato expressions: one for use with Human Playback and one for use without. You will get a similar issue if you use the wrong expression.

Go Back to forum