• Register
  • Help

Topic: Error Eating Chunk...????

Share/Bookmark

Error Eating Chunk...????

I\'m working on this big piano gig (+2Gb) and keep getting the error message \"Error eating chunk\".
    It\'s when I try to save the gig in the Instrument Editor I\'m getting this. I\'ve got plenty of space on my harddisk, so it can\'t be that either.

Help.... anyone.... please........

/Worra

Re: Error Eating Chunk...????

Are you sure it isn\'t \"Error Creating Chunk\"? Sounds like a file i/o problem. Could be related to ram, hard drive errors, etc. Have you tried saving it to other locations, drives, etc? That\'s a big file. Hopefully the other sample developers will set you straight. Sorry, I couldn\'t offer more help, hey it\'s 3:00am and no one else had replied yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Worra:
    I\'m working on this big piano gig (+2Gb) and keep getting the error message \"Error eating chunk\".
    It\'s when I try to save the gig in the Instrument Editor I\'m getting this. I\'ve got plenty of space on my harddisk, so it can\'t be that either.

Help.... anyone.... please........

/Worra
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Worra,

it\'s a FAT limitation problem. You can\'t create a file larger than 2 Gb with a FAT32 hard drive

Archangel

Worra,

Oh man have I been down that road many times!

This is a known bug in the editor that I \"thought\" was resolved.

The only way to really keep it from ruining your work is to keep saving an articulation file about every 5 minutes or so that way when it crashes you can load all your samples back in a new file and load the .art file that you saved last.

Donnie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Munsie:
    [B]Are you sure it isn\'t \"Error Creating Chunk\"? B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He, he.... that\'s the one...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Archangel:
    Sorry Worra,

it\'s a FAT limitation problem. You can\'t create a file larger than 2 Gb with a FAT32 hard drive

Archangel
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm.... I\'ve got files that\'s +2Gb on my harddisk right now, so it has to be something else

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    Worra,

Oh man have I been down that road many times!

This is a known bug in the editor that I \"thought\" was resolved.

The only way to really keep it from ruining your work is to keep saving an articulation file about every 5 minutes or so that way when it crashes you can load all your samples back in a new file and load the .art file that you saved last.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don\'t even get to the point where I do editing. After importing the samples, I\'m getting this error when I\'m trying to save it for the first time....

Could anyone from Tascam please explain what this message are all about, exactly what is the problem when you get the \"Error creating chunk\" message?

Hi Worra!
    This problem can\'t be solved. We had exactly the same when making Grandioso (don\'t know what error message it was but the effect is that you can\'t make a Gig file larger than 2.0 gigabytes). Just take a look at the source WAV files, when you select say 1.900.000.000 bytes your Gig file will be ok.. You can make a 1.9 GB Gig-file and then when you add another set of samples that brings the total over the 2.0 GB limit your editor freezes upon a complete save. It seems to freeze but after 1 hour or longer you get the error message like the one you had. I had a reply from Nemesys confirming it.
    There is a way around this problem. Design the instrument so that it fits on two Gigs and they must be combined during playback. With piano you can seperate the release samples from the normal samples. You might seperate the ultra forte layer from the others (usually these are the longest samples). You can also select another strategy. Select the white keys in one gig and the blacks in the second. Then you make a combination of the two files using a performance. It sucks but it works. I followed both these strategies but found none of them good. The first one works best. Good luck!
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum