• Register
  • Help

Topic: Co-existence Question

Share/Bookmark

Co-existence Question

I have just installed Concert & Marching Band and Kontakt Player 2, and updated to the latest version of Kontakt. It seems to work well, and I expect minimal trouble learning how to use it.

I have not updated my Garritan Personal Orchestra to use Kontakt Player 2. Should I? Can the older version co-exist if I update? Presently, it does not seem to be a problem using KP2 for the Band and 1.xx for the orchestra.

I am using the Band in DXi mode. Did that tempo bug with Sonar ever get worked out? Should I use KP 2 as VSt, if possible?

Richard

Re: Co-existence Question

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    I have just installed Concert & Marching Band and Kontakt Player 2, and updated to the latest version of Kontakt. It seems to work well, and I expect minimal trouble learning how to use it.

I have not updated my Garritan Personal Orchestra to use Kontakt Player 2. Should I? Can the older version co-exist if I update? Presently, it does not seem to be a problem using KP2 for the Band and 1.xx for the orchestra.

I am using the Band in DXi mode. Did that tempo bug with Sonar ever get worked out? Should I use KP 2 as VSt, if possible?

Richard
    Hi Richard,

In theory GPO KP1 and KP2 should coexist, and there may be some users still running both. For the record, I have not been able to run both simultaneously, but I think it's a Windows Vista-NI Registration Authorization scheme issue more than a licensing issue.

The nice thing about upgrading and using the Kontakt Player 2 interface is that you'll have both libraries available simultaneously, and you can mix and match instruments. Because you can mix and match within one instance instead of using two, it will also cut down on memory usage. Note that without anything loaded, KP2 is more of a resource hog than KP1.

As for the DXi tempo bug, I was trying to reproduce it in Sonar 7 PE with KP2 and wasn't able to do it. The consensus is that this was a KP1 thing that was fixed when Kontakt moved to Kontakt 2 (and their derivative players).

Best,
    Reegs

Re: Co-existence Question

Well, thank you, Reeqs. That was very helpful. I will proceed with the update of the orchestra to KP2. That will probably take a few hours, unless the update has a way to add the orchestra to the KP2 that shipped with the Band.

Now I shall do some checking to see what differences DXi or VSt place on the cpu.

Richard

Go Back to forum