I'm about to update from Sonar Studio 4 to Sonar 7 and am wondering if I should get the Producer Edition or Studio?
The Studio edition will only cost me $99. The Producer edition will cost an additional $150. For that, I would get the following:
- NEW— LP-64 EQ™ linear phase mastering EQ
- NEW— LP-64 Multiband™ linear phase mastering compressor/limiter
- NEW— Z3TA+™ waveshaping synthesizer
- NEW— VC-64 Vintage Channel™ with sidechaining capabilities
- NEW— Roland V-Vocal™ 1.5 with Pitch to MIDI conversion
- AudioSnap™ multitrack audio quantize
- Surround mixing in over 30 formats
I already have the Lexicon Pantheon Reverb (from Producer edition 3).
- SurroundBridge™ technology to use stereo FX in surround
- Sonitus Surround Compressor
- POW-r dithering
- PSYN™ II subtractive synthesizer
- Pentagon™ I Analog Modeling Synth
- RXP™ groove instrument with REX file support
- Perfect Space™ Convolution Reverb
- Lexicon® Pantheon™ Reverb
I don't need surround support.
I can't see what use V-Vocal would be to me.
Audio-Snap still works in Studio. Just one track at a time.
I don't need the synths.
I'm mainly wondering about Perfect Space. I was thinking of getting AltiVerb. Is Perfect Space in the same league as PS?
Anyone have any opinions on the two Mastering plug-ins and the VC-64 (items 1, 2, & 4)?
Has anyone else made this decision? What did you decide and why?
Many thanks! - k