• Register
  • Help

Topic: Virtual guitarist 1 to 2 update, who did it ?

Share/Bookmark

Virtual guitarist 1 to 2 update, who did it ?

Hi there,

I'd like to know how is the process of updating from VG1 to VG2 ( with the 100 eur / 80 dollars VG2 update that some websites are still selling )

What's in the package ? Do we get an authorization code so we can download the license on a steinberg key ?
    I still have the old CDs of VG1 somewhere, but its been a while since I last used them. Do you need a serial number ? I don't recall if there was one for VG1.

Thanks

Re: Virtual guitarist 1 to 2 update, who did it ?

The product is out of sale, now !
    upgrade versions were the same product as regular ones, customer only had to provide his VG1 s/n and name so as his dealer ask one to Steinberg local distributor. Then, you didn't had the VG1 s/n or disks for installation. Activation was made by downloading a response code into your Synchrosoft USB dongle.
    So, today, you only could find a remaining full retail product at your favorite store.
    A second-hand VG2 may be acquired as a dongle to dongle licence transfert is possible.

Out of sales ? you mean it's not possible to buy virtual guitarist 2 anymore ??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter View Post
    Out of sales ? you mean it's not possible to buy virtual guitarist 2 anymore ??
    You should contact Steinberg directly. VG2 is no longer available for sale in any retail stores.

Here in France, it remains some full product at few music shops :
    http://prix.audiofanzine.com/index,i...itarist_2.html
    But no update products ever available. I suppose the same occurs in your country...
    That's the same story for : XPhraze, The Grand 2, Hypersonic 2 and Virtual Bassist.

Go Back to forum