• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: how many wind controller players do we have on here

Share/Bookmark

how many wind controller players do we have on here

just wondered if there are many on this forum. Info is hard to come bye and thought it would be nice to know who the others are. I had some post a couple of years ago and know there are some. I currently have a wx5

Re: how many wind controller players do we have on here

I started teaching myself the saxophone just under two years ago. A trumpet player friend of mine has a WX7 gathering dust, which I keep meaning to get around to borrowing. I've heard of one or two people having great success programming VSL with breath controllers, so I'm keen to experiment with it.

Sorry that's all I can offer at the moment but Ill keep you posted.

I have a WX5 and a WX11

Peace

rikp

I have a wx5 I'm learning to play. Slowly.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

to RIKP, I actually just got my wx5 home today, you think it is very superior to the wx11.

Hey wind controller users - do you find any great advantage in expression or ease of use over the usual expression pedals/mod wheels etc?

I have heard that older cheaper Yamaha models are fine, whats your impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff4h View Post
    to RIKP, I actually just got my wx5 home today, you think it is very superior to the wx11.
    Hi Jeff:

Here is the strange thing for me... I am a clarinet, flute, and sax player and I started with the WX11 and I have to say that I actually prefer it to the WX5! Maybe it is just because I have more face time on the WX11.

You will LOVE Wallander Instruments with your Wind Controller!!!!!

Peace

rikp

I have a WX5 and a BC3 and enjoy them both.

Greg

Hey, I picked up a WX5 around Christmas last year with my bonus and have been having a ton of fun. In fact, in my most recent posting in the listening room, all the wind parts were input with it. Have a listen if you like:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=60873

I've also been experimenting with reprogramming soundfonts for use with a wind controller. My exploits here:

http://robntweber.wordpress.com/2008...d-controllers/

Having been a bit disatisfied with the soundfont route, I'm currently experimenting with the sfz format. I'll post about that when I have the bugs worked out, so either check back to the blog regularly, or (the route I would go) add it to your favorite blog reader. I use GoogleReader, myself.

My main instrument is saxophone so I play a Yamaha Wx5 with a cheap Behringer Midi foot controller. To get maximum control of sample libraries (as you know they are programmed for keyboard players) with this gear, I route Cycling '74 Max between my midi in device and Kontakt (with Hubi's Midi Loopback Device) and I develope my own Max patches to control many different parameters in real time just with my breath and my foot. I don't like using wx5's modwheel because it's too difficult but I often use reed's pressure control (it sends pitchwheel massage but I translate it to an other midi message with Max) to control vibrato. In my opinion Max is more flexible than Kontakt's script editor. If Kontakt's script editor is locked to protect copyrights, Max allows me to control commercial sample libraries parameters with different midi messages that I can send in real time from my wx5 and my pedal board.
    Sorry for my poor english .... I hope that you understood something!

Go Back to forum