Looks like a good time for all the hounds and people. I never knew there was a Dachshund Festival in New York. Good job with the POV perspective. I enjoyed your you tube video.
Life lessons learned from a Dachshund:
1. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
2. Don't go out without ID.
3. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
4. Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
5. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
6. Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is most effective.
7. When you do something wrong, always take responsibility
(as soon as you're dragged shamefully out from under the bed).
8. If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.