• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-An invitation to view my short You Tube video, "Dachshund Festival 2008 - NYC"

Share/Bookmark

OT-An invitation to view my short You Tube video, "Dachshund Festival 2008 - NYC"

Hi Gang!

For those of you who remember, I used to hang around here every now and then. Been pretty busy with work and some music projects and recently took a break to revisit my skills as a film maker. This is the first project I both shot and edited in about 20 years, still I think it came out OK.

I hope you'll take a moment to view this slice of NY City life in my 6 minute 18 second short.

Click on the link below to visit You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sawT6g4CKpg

Feel free to leave comments on You Tube!

Pass it on!

Fraternally Yours,

Erik Paulsen

Re: OT-An invitation to view my short You Tube video, "Dachshund Festival 2008 - NYC"

Erik,

Looks like a good time for all the hounds and people. I never knew there was a Dachshund Festival in New York. Good job with the POV perspective. I enjoyed your you tube video.

Best,

Gary

Life lessons learned from a Dachshund:
    1. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
    2. Don't go out without ID.
    3. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
    4. Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
    5. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
    6. Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is most effective.
    7. When you do something wrong, always take responsibility
    (as soon as you're dragged shamefully out from under the bed).
    8. If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.

Re: OT-An invitation to view my short You Tube video, "Dachshund Festival 2008 - NYC"

Dynamix -

I'm sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I read your post very shortly after you put it up, and I watched the You-Tube video.

Hard for me to deal with - I had a long-haired Dachshund friend who was the most amazing of beings. He'd been a show dog before he inherited me, and when he walked down the street with me this was obvious: all streets were runways, all passers-by were judges. And he was a perfect gentleman who insisted that others should go through the doorway first, even if he had to "use the facilities" outside!

Thank you for sharing the video. Even feeling the sadness of the loss of my friend was good - a reminder of my own human frailties, as well as a chance to recall all of the goodness of my buddy.

Joe

LOL! Hey Gary, thanks for checking this out. Sounds like you may have had a Dachshund sometime in your life. My family had two when I was a kid. Love your "lessons learned" and I'm going to forward that to my Dachshund loving friends! Thanks so much!

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Erik,

Looks like a good time for all the hounds and people. I never knew there was a Dachshund Festival in New York. Good job with the POV perspective. I enjoyed your you tube video.

Best,

Gary

Life lessons learned from a Dachshund:
    1. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
    2. Don't go out without ID.
    3. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
    4. Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
    5. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
    6. Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is most effective.
    7. When you do something wrong, always take responsibility
    (as soon as you're dragged shamefully out from under the bed).
    8. If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.

Sorry about your loss Joe, yes my neighbor lost her "Conner" a couple of years ago and left "Kiera" the dachshund in the video without a buddy for a while. Luckly she didn't stress like Connor did when he lost his companion "Meggie" ten years back, but my poor neighbor went through a rough time and so decided to train Golden Retrievers lick "Charlie" in the video to help children with autism. Now Kiera always has a friend in the house. My nieghbor's most recent trainee appeared on Good Morning America last month as part of Autism Awareness Month.

I'm glad the video could bring back some happy memories as well for you and the you had the honor to know a dachshund at least sometime in your life. We had them when I was a kid...

Cheers,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaquette View Post
    Dynamix -

I'm sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I read your post very shortly after you put it up, and I watched the You-Tube video.

Hard for me to deal with - I had a long-haired Dachshund friend who was the most amazing of beings. He'd been a show dog before he inherited me, and when he walked down the street with me this was obvious: all streets were runways, all passers-by were judges. And he was a perfect gentleman who insisted that others should go through the doorway first, even if he had to "use the facilities" outside!

Thank you for sharing the video. Even feeling the sadness of the loss of my friend was good - a reminder of my own human frailties, as well as a chance to recall all of the goodness of my buddy.

Joe

Go Back to forum