• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vanishing Function

Share/Bookmark

Vanishing Function

Well, I am so far, pleased with KP2, with one great exception. I can not find a way to make use of GPO Studio. I can no longer use GPO with Sibelius 4.1, and changing to the 4.1 with GPO would still leave another part of the problem, the most important to me. I was able to listen to many of the score on the Sibelius site using GPO Studio and now I can not. I still have the original downloaded zip version of the GPO Studio files. Is there a way that I can set it up without interfering with KP 2?

Richard

Re: Vanishing Function

Richard

When you updated to KP2, it only uses the new .nki files that are with it. I think that you need to reinstall GPO in a different location and then reinstall GPO studio which uses the older .nki files. Getting Sib to recognize the 2 different ones should work in Sib 5, but I don't know about Sib 4. I didn't think you could use the KP2 player with Sib 4.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Richard

When you updated to KP2, it only uses the new .nki files that are with it. I think that you need to reinstall GPO in a different location and then reinstall GPO studio which uses the older .nki files. Getting Sib to recognize the 2 different ones should work in Sib 5, but I don't know about Sib 4. I didn't think you could use the KP2 player with Sib 4.

Ron
    Well, that is something to think about. I want to be sure before I make a mess of things. For safety, I can do a complete backup first.

There is a Sib upgrade that allows use of GPO to run with Sib 4.1, but that requires the older GPO and previous KP, and I really don't want to do that. My limited use of GPO with Sib worked quite well with Studio.

Richard

Hi Richard

I'm not a Sibelius user, but have had exposure to a similar problem with Finale.

The solution, as far as Finale is concerned, is to use a software midi yoke which will re-route the midi output of Finale to the standalone kontakt player(s)

You can look at http://www.midiox.com/ and download a midi yoke from there.

That's correct. With KP2, the GPO studio application is obsolete. The GPO Studio midi ports are essentially dedicated connections from any midi capable application to the Studio (and GPO KP1 players).

Using Midi Yoke or Maple, you can create connections between the outputs of Finale or Sibelius to the standalone KP2 program, and thus achieve playback, as Rob said.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum