• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Homeward Trek Of the Heroes

Homeward Trek Of the Heroes

This is a rewrite of a piece I posted earlier.

It is all GPO and JABB.

Here it is

Hope you enjoy

Re: Homeward Trek Of the Heroes

Very nice Ron. Well planned piece that reminded me a bit of Hisaishi. Maybe because of the pentatonic motifs but also the driving rhythm throughout.

I really enjoyed this piece.

Steve Winkler

Central Illinois

Hi Ron, I just finished listening. This sounds great to me. I can really hear this as part of a soundtrack. Great job on this.
    One thing I have a question about. I am learning the ropes on rendering music with samples, and I have a very long way to go with my mixing and all the choices that entails. I was wondering why the snare is out there by itself, (on my system, the left channel). I was thinking that a dynamic instrument would be most effective if it was centered, or close to center, to get the full impact of the dynamic range. The timpani, which sound close to center, sound right to me, but the snare, stands out whenever it comes in. Just a question.....The piece as a whole sounds really, really good. John (bigears)

Hi Ron:
    Very interesting and unusual series of ideas that to me indicate an advanced method of depicting a trek home. thanks for posting, best wishes.

Today was my last final for the semester and I thought I was done with school for a few weeks. Now I have to go and research Hisaishi. I assume he is a composer for game music, but I am not a gamer. Thanks for the listen.

John (bigears)

I was going to give an excelloent reason why the Toms are way out to the left, then figured why not just the truth. That is where Sibelius put them and I never thought to change them.

This will be my last piece comp0osing in Sibwelius for a while. I have finally got Sonar 7 up and running and will do most of the work there from now on.

John (taylorchandler)

I thought that this depicted the idea of returning home while facing some hardships very well. Some have disagreed with me, so I am happy to see that you do agree.

Thanks guys for the listen and the kind comments. It means a lot.

I enjoy your works roliferm they always make me thing of like these video games i play. Like Halo, or something.
    Yours Truly,
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:

The quality of the rendering of this work is down right perfect! No BS Ron, this is excellent; your brass, timpani, and lower winds sound incredible. This work is definitely one of my more recent favorites. Cinematic yet characteristically quirky - a perfect balance of personalities.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

It is always good to hear from you. I have been very busy this semester, but this one is finally over. PM me and let me know how things are going with you.

Thanks as always for the listen.

Hey Ron,

I still owe you a PM!!! It will be forthcoming....

THIS piece, I remember well in its first incarnation; one of your first ones way back, wasn't it? You've definitely done much to infuse realism into your pieces with Sonar, as this piece is testament to. And, it almost goes without saying at this point that your unique and quirky voice is just wonderfully musically intriguing.

I can hear the dynamic changes in this version -- especially in those cool-sounding low woodwinds, as well as more prominent and confident brass voices coming through. The first one was really good as it was, but you've turned it into a sparkling gem with this rendition.

Bravo, man!

I worked longer on this piece than any other I have entered into a competition. Next to last Place!!! Not one vote for this one.

You gave me suggestions to make it better and I didn't use them all (I got lazy), so it is my own fault.

I promise to listen next time!

Thanks as always for the support and the encouragement, it means a lot to me.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast