• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: "DORIAN" to be produced in Los Angeles -!!-

"DORIAN" to be produced in Los Angeles -!!-

--Racing straight to the punch line:

Michael Butler, most famous for producing the original production of "HAIR" on Broadway is producing my show, "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray" in Los Angeles.

He saw the show on opening night, April 18th, here in Salem, Oregon, along with our own fearless leader, Gary Garritan, the night when there was also a surprise guest appearance made by Forum member "Fast Lane" Phil!

Michael and I have our signatures on the contract we've worked out and the production is being "fast tracked"--rehearsing this summer, starting previews the first week of November.

The production's musical director will be Christian Nesmith, son of Michael Nesmith of The Monkees fame.

I have been non-stop racing to keep up with Michael's pre-production requests. I've updated the script to reflect how we did the show here in Salem, and I've bracketed possible cuts to trim the length down. AND he gave me a deadline of one week after the show closed to get the cast recording to his production team--a project which has had me working away 10 to 14 hours a day.

Catching my breath--running through to pass on this absolutely thrilling news--Gary Garritan was nice enough to ask in an email this weekend how things are going---so I'm here to let you all know.

Here's the article that appeared in our paper on Monday, announcing how the show's been picked up:

I'll be back with more details as they develop--AND with a way for those of you interested to get your hands on the original cast recording from the Pentacle production which recently wrapped up.

Here I goooooOooo---more deadlines to meet!

Randy Bowser

Re: "DORIAN" to be produced in Los Angeles -!!-

MOST hearty congraulations.
    And well-earned fame, I hope, will accompany this new incarnation of Dorian.

You've written a wonderful piece. It deserves to make it to Broadway.
    And from my understanding of the "normal" route for musicals, L.A. is on the way to Broadway, despite the faulty geography.

Again, hearty congratulations.

Central Illinois

This is fantastic news, but not surprising at all. When I spoke with Gary this weekend he told me how great your show was and how he had enjoyed it. I know the near future for you will be super busy, so take care of yourself and try to find some time to relax once in awhile. Continued success in everything, Randy. Best Regards, John (bigears)

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: "DORIAN" to be produced in Los Angeles -!!-

Absolutely fantastic to hear Randy! Congratulations! I'm glad forum members share their good fortune with all of us.
    Here's wishing you all the best!

CONGRATS, RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beyond well-deserved.....

Much deserved Congratulations!!

Just curious if you'll have live musicians for this run?

Again well done!

Steve Winkler

I can only imagine how busy are you in these days. Hope this project will bring you a lot of success and to take you to Broadway very soon.

Best regards,

www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Orcas Island

Wow Randy! What great news!

In a way, I am not all that surprised. Your production was first rate.
    The music, the adaptation, the sets, the glimpse into human nature, costumes, lyrics - everything came together wonderfully. It's only natural that your musical would go places.

You are such a rare talent and we are privileged to have you as part of our community.

Wishing you all the best,

Gary Garritan

California Redwoods

That is wonderful news. You must be in a grand state of exhilaration mixed with exhaustion!

I am so pleased to hear this, and glad that your master work is getting the recognition it so richly deserves.

Best wishes for the future of your hard work!

Go Back to forum