• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jubilation Mutations

Share/Bookmark

Jubilation Mutations

After a few days of rotten aches and pains, I was attacked by a fit of exuberance, and here is the result. Parts of it get a little wild. About 5 1/2 minutes of frenzy.

Jubilation Mutations

The mp3 was made using GPO Steinway (the old fashioned one), Sonar, and Fatar Studio keyboard.

Richard

Re: Jubilation Mutations

Richard, As they used to say in Wyoming, where I grew up, "Let 'er buck!"
    Sounds like you were letting it all out on this piece. I know too well the feeling when the pains let go their hold for awhile. Regards, John

Richard:
    This is quite a wild ride. It's like the Lone Ranger meets Stravinsky. YeeHaa!
    Especially loved the ending because just when you think it can't go anywhere else, it does!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    After a few days of rotten aches and pains, I was attacked by a fit of exuberance, and here is the result. Parts of it get a little wild. About 5 1/2 minutes of frenzy.

Jubilation Mutations

The mp3 was made using GPO Steinway (the old fashioned one), Sonar, and Fatar Studio keyboard.

Richard
    I thought I was going to enjoy this Richard - and I certainly did! The intensity of this certainly holds the attention and the 'old Steinway' provides a degree of mellowness that is just the right voice for this.

Great ending too!

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Graham

Richard:

Ride 'em cowboy.........yeah......it's a jubilation allright. And,
    a good one. Well played.

I just finished listening to Stavinsky's "Rite of Spring" and I
    thought your piece would sound great if it were orchestrated.
    Of course, I know you are partial to the piano though.

Talking of piano.........What kind of Fatar piano keyboard do you
    have? Is it a CONTROLLER ONLY and does the action please you
    for solo piano work?

Great stuff here, Richard

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Well, thanks for the comments. I did indeed "let it all out" to fulfill my intent of a wild ride! The real problem is notating the piece legibly without losing the feel of it. I am nearly done.

The Fatar keyboard is a midi controller, no sounds of it's own. I occasionally use it to play a bit of Mozart, for which it seems well suited. But since I have a 1928 Baldwin 6'3' grand just a few feet away, you can guess which instrument gets the most use. I overhauled the Baldwin in 1993, as my last job before closing up shop and moving to the redwoods. The feel of the Fatar is not like a piano, as there is no whippen or jack, hence no feel of let off or drop. Using the pedal does not alter the touch weight as it would on a "live" piano, and the una corde pedal is a meaningless term. All things considered, I prefer it to any other electronic keyboard that I have tried. I have had it since about 1994.

Richard

Richard

There is no mistaking your music for anyone else's. Your style is unique and easily identified.

Another wild ride.

Ron

A "fit of exuberance" indeed, Richard. Loved it! Coming
    from you, this is just short of the flavor of high melodrama;
    ragtime meets Stravinsky, while he has a conversation
    with Max Planck over tea and tequila and that misplaced
    constant...

A wild ride, and a most enjoyable one!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Well, thank you Ron.

Also thanks to David. This piece is really difficult, and so I have done a revision, for two pianos, 4 hands. It is still difficult, and I have spent weeks in the revision and the scoring, which is finally done except for adding dynamics and expression.

I had some trouble with my computer, now resolved, but it kept me away from the music for much of a two day period, trying to determine how much of the problem was Microsoft, how much was Firefox, how much was me, and how much was caused by the US Army. But now all is well again, and I will never know what ignited the problem.

Richard

Go Back to forum