• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi controllers GS4

Share/Bookmark

Midi controllers GS4

Hi,
    Anyone have this problem in GS4?
    I set up Midi controllers in the NFX plugins, and also faders in the DSP....
    Save the performance (whole environment) from the "Save as" position,
    and when it is loaded again the controllers are gone .......
    Did the same thing in GS3 and never had an issue they (CC's) were always there when reloaded.
    Any comment appreciated
    cheers
    Bryan H

Re: Midi controllers GS4

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone have this problem in GS4?
    I set up Midi controllers in the NFX plugins, and also faders in the DSP....
    Save the performance (whole environment) from the "Save as" position,
    and when it is loaded again the controllers are gone .......
    Did the same thing in GS3 and never had an issue they (CC's) were always there when reloaded.
    Any comment appreciated
    cheers
    Bryan H
    Hey Bryan,

I've just reported this bug to Tascam. I have other problems that they have not been able to reproduce, but I know this one's on their radar.

Belbin

Thumbs up Re: Midi controllers GS4

Oh thanks so much ... I thought I was going nuts ..
    I have also tried saving the setup through the "customise" tab but same result.
    Once the controllers are setup they will remain through that session, but on re-boot all is gone.
    Look forward to the update..
    cheers
    Bryan H

Re: Midi controllers GS4

Same problem here, thankfully, as you say Tascam are on top of it. Hope there is a solution soon as I keep having to manually set everything after opening each file. I note that the 'simple graphics' switch corrupts some of the graphics as well. Gone back to GS3 until its solved as workflow is more important.
    Must say there are some welcome additions to the controllers options and its become a lot easier to tailor the midi control to the users requirements. I wonder why Tascam have never implemented a simple feature whereby when you click on an instrument in the instruments pane, the instrument does not become highlighted in the 'loaded instruments' browser. Would seem like a simple way of locating an instrument to load to another slot. Alternately, why not be able to copy an instrument from one slot to the next. Most softare allows this 'create similar instrument' type feature with out going into a pool of 200 instruments , some with similar-looking names. Its good for workflow. Also, if I wanted to edit an instrument within a particular performance, then save only that instrument as an individual .gsi instrument for use elsewhere, why do I have to quit Gigastudio, load the instrument individually, tweak it, save it reload the performance etc.
    Is there anyway of sending suggestions to Tascam?

Go Back to forum