Fading . . . Gently . . .

Music of loss and mourning:.
    — alanb

Dallas, Texas

Re: Fading . . . Gently . . .

I liked this. Nicely done.

tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

This came to me right after a recent breakup, so... I really felt this one...

Thanks, Tony!!
    — alanb

Hi Alan,
    Firstly I find it unfortunate that only one reply so far for this terrific piece!
    Secondly, it's the first time in many years that the words of my Royal Conservatory piano teacher came back to me as I listen to this: "Play with feeling..." she'd say. Well, the feeling certainly comes through in this song. The strings compliment the piano very nicely in a subtle but meaningful way. The piano sounded a bit harsh at first but I guess I've grown accustomed to that Steinway sound. By the end of the song I'd forgotten the type of sound and completely fell into the song.
    I don't want to get all sloppy on you but I can feel your loss, man.
    Hey, I don't frequent this forum often as I tend to hang around at KvR but I have recently purchased Miroslav Philharmonik and that crowd tends to be here on Northern Sounds. Your is the first thread I've replied to in some time so thanks for sharing.

Very nice, it'd definitely have more musical color with woodwinds and brass in there, as would nearly anything, that may or may not be what you have in mind though.

Lightbulb Re: Fading . . . Gently . . .

Nice piece. Did you do all your strings with GPO?

Go Back to forum