• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Midi-Yoke users here?

Share/Bookmark

Any Midi-Yoke users here?

Hey guys!

Currently, I'm using the following setup:

I'm writing my music in Sibelius 5, which sends the midi-commands via Midi Yoke to Cubase SX3. There, I usually load Kontakt 3 via VST and occasionally use other VSTi over the send-fx (which is the reason why I don't load Kontakt directly in Sibelius).

The problem is the flawing MidiCC-control in Sibelius. Entering commands is harsh (like... mod-wheel from 0 to 64 to 127 in single steps instead of smooth transitions) and doesn't sound good. I'd like to use the control features of Cubase without exporting/importing midi-files (because I need to control the sound on the fly sometimes).

-> Sounds like I need a "full-duplex-connection" between Cubase and Sibelius - pressing the play-button/passing CCs in one application controls both.

Does this work? If one of the tools is the problem, I'd get another, because this would make my dreams come true.

Greetings,
    Philipp

Re: Any Midi-Yoke users here?

Philipp,

Perhaps could you check Midi-Ox which works well with Midi Yoke. There you could try some features.

I use both of them to translate Sonar Key aftertouch to Kompakt keyboard input.

Also you could have a look on their forum.

SergeD

Go Back to forum