• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for a Choir

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a Choir

I sequence classical music using Garritan for orchestral sounds and Hauptwerk for pipe organs. I really would like a choir to sing 4 parts and have not been able to find once that satisfies me. The Magnus choir is predominent in all the searchs I do and it doesn't suite my tastes. I see the EastWest thing and that looks very expensive. If there a choral sound hidden ion something else? A very nice church choir sound used to exist in the Yamaha EMT-10, their first AWM module.

Re: Looking for a Choir

Quote Originally Posted by David Baldwin View Post
    I sequence classical music using Garritan for orchestral sounds and Hauptwerk for pipe organs. I really would like a choir to sing 4 parts and have not been able to find once that satisfies me. The Magnus choir is predominent in all the searchs I do and it doesn't suite my tastes. I see the EastWest thing and that looks very expensive. If there a choral sound hidden ion something else? A very nice church choir sound used to exist in the Yamaha EMT-10, their first AWM module.
    I am investigating the same thing.

I have my eye on Bela D Media The Giovani Edition for Kontakt

I´m afraid that for four part (SATB) choir writing where the choir is supposed to sing any given words, EWQL Symphonic Choirs and the Wordbuilder is your best choice.
    However, if you can do with only static vowels such as Ahs/Ohs/Ehs, you could look at less expensive choirs such as Siedlaczek´s Classical Choir, SOV or Miroslav. I have all three and get good results with all them, especially Miroslav´s choir, which can sing nonsense-words and phrases that sound pretty convincing with almost no effort at all. It is simply super-easy to use. Just make yourself a template of all the different phrases (Do/Re/Mi/Fa etc.etc) and play around.

The problem with EWQL's Symphonic Choir is that the ranges of some of the sections are way off. That problem has been discussed over and over on the other forum. Supposedly it will eventually be fixed in the upcoming version. Gary G. is working on a choir, but to my knowledge there is no time frame for its release.

Hi, I will suggest to look for Myriad Harmony Assistant with Virtual Singer.
    It is able to sing SATB choir and solo. I am using it for my Oratorio.
    Regards, AlexBG

Go Back to forum