• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spanish Nights

Share/Bookmark

Question Spanish Nights

Hi everybody! I'm still in that Spanish kind of mood... a subjective musical fantasy from my Spain memories.
    I visited Spain 1963 for the first time.

This is my version of Carmen... Bizet was French and I come from the land of the Norsemen.
    On the bottom link you can read about when I visited Spain when I was 4 your old for the first time!

Here is my SPANISH NIGHTS - part one

SPANISH NIGHTS - part two

SPANISH NIGHTS - GUITAR

Fred

Re: Spanish Nights

Fredrik

That is a hell of a workout for the Harpist. Make em suffer, right.

It almost makes my fingers sore just listening to it.

But as always, it is a delight for the ears.

Look into northernsounds.net. I just uploaded a 14 mbs piece that is over 10 minutes long and it does not get broken up like soundclick does to yours. Its always better to hear your works in one setting instead of having to go to another page to finish it up.

Well done

Ron

Fred:
    Hello again. Very well written piece with excellent orchestration. I will comment on two things that I question: (1) Some of the very low passages near the beginning are a little thick. Is that a contrabassoon that comes in later? (2) It really didn't strike me as particularly Spanish, harmonically, melodically or rhythmically. Could you give the harp part, or some of it, to that 10 string guitar that Larry Alexander has used?
    I'm don't want to be a "critical meany" so maybe just rename it because it is a very good piece.

Ole'

Steve

Cool Re: Spanish Nights

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Fred:
    Hello again. Very well written piece with excellent orchestration. I will comment on two things that I question: (1) Some of the very low passages near the beginning are a little thick. Is that a contrabassoon that comes in later? (2) It really didn't strike me as particularly Spanish, harmonically, melodically or rhythmically. Could you give the harp part, or some of it, to that 10 string guitar that Larry Alexander has used?
    I'm don't want to be a "critical meany" so maybe just rename it because it is a very good piece.

Ole'

Steve
    Hi Steve,

1. Yes! a contrabassoon.

2. Have thought about those who might be interested in Spanish guitar also!

Here is ALBORADO DEL HANSIANA

Link to SPANISH HORNS FATAL - BULL RUN

Fred

Thumbs up Re: Spanish Nights

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Fredrik

Look into northernsounds.net. I just uploaded a 14 mbs piece that is over 10 minutes long and it does not get broken up like soundclick does to yours. Its always better to hear your works in one setting instead of having to go to another page to finish it up.

Well done

Ron
    Hi Ron,

I can play the harp parts on my piano! But, I have not forgotten the guitarists... here is something for your fingers! (I will upload guitar notes later...)

I would be glad to know if you or Steve have visited Spain?
    I have been there about 12 times, from when I was 4 years old.

Regards,

Fred

Fred

I have been to Palma de Majorca, which is part of Spain, but is an island in the Mediterranean.

I have Been to Rota, Spain, Valencia and Madrid. All of this was back in the 80's.

Ron

Cool Re: Spanish Nights - Dr. FLEMING

Fred

I have been to Palma de Majorca, which is part of Spain, but is an island in the Mediterranean.

I have Been to Rota, Spain, Valencia and Madrid. All of this was back in the 80's.

Ron
    Glad to hear that you have experienced this wonderful country filled with strong colours and good food, like the "Paela".
    And Madrid is beautiful. I went there with my father and saw the huge Arena in the middle of the city.
    In front of the Arena is a statue of Dr. Fleming. As we all know, he invented the penicillin. A matador is kneeling in front of him, to show his gratitude. Many matadors died of nasty infections at the hospital after having been hit by deadly horns of the Spanish 1 ton heavy bulls. So thanks to Dr. Fleming's discovery, matadors could survive their fatal wounds caused by the horns of death.

Here is my music used in a film clip with the same music, but totally different subject. It's a project of mine called "Mangrove Island".

Enjoy and thanks for sharing your Spanish trip memories...

Fred

Cool Re: Spanish Nights

Fredrik

Well done

Ron
    Hi again Ron,

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip!

Yes! I will check out northernsounds.net.

Regards,

Fred

I've only been to Spain once, and briefly, though I've
    listened to a great deal of Spanish music. Beyond
    surficial elements that are obvious, I found the more
    subtle integration of Spanish elements much more
    interesting... the occasional interjections, the "lines
    in the back" that don't really jump out at you so much
    as inform the subconscious.

An exciting and compositionally interesting work, my
    friend; though, Fredrik, as I so often mention... I do