• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB is terrific!!!!

JABB is terrific!!!!

I've been working on some demos of my music the last couple of months. One of them is a pop arrangement of the hymn "Blessed Be the Name." Since I'm not under the gun to get this stuff finished, I'm able to take my time and really get to know the samples. What has really blown me away is the tenor sax in JABB. Playing with all the various parameters, including the "growl" setting as well as the obligatory mod, pitch bend, portamento, VAR 1 & 2, air flow; I've been able to get an incredible sax sound. The phrasing capabilities are amazing.

I hope to be able to post the finished product here, although I'm not sure it will be allowed. While all the lead instruments--alto flute, flugel horn, the aforementioned tenor sax--are all from JABB and the strings are from GPO, there are a large number of rhythm, guitar, keyboard, synth, and percussion sounds from PlugSound Pro. So I don't know if it qualifies for posting here or not. I hope it does, because I'm really happy with the results I've gotten from the Garritan sounds.

Re: JABB is terrific!!!!

I don't see any problem with posting it here. Just don't advertise it for sale. I for one would like to hear your version of this great hymn!
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

I'm using the JABB trumpet and tenor on a Christian/Smooth Jazz CD project, and I'm really surprised at how good it sounds. Originally I was just going to use the JABB horns as mock ups of the real thing, which would be overdubbed later. But the JABB horns sound so good that I'm leaving them on the track as is. Thanks, Gary!

Regarding the JABB trumpet, I'm also working on a strictly symphonic piece which, of course is almost all GPO. But I've discovered that if I use the trumpets and trombones from Marching Band, doubling the first trumpet and 1st bone with the ones from JABB, I get the most incredible brass section I've ever managed to synthesize. I can't wait to get it finished and post it here.

Central Illinois

Hi, From what I've seen over a few years on the forum, your piece would be welcome here as long as there is some use of Garritan instruments. Other members please step in here if I'm incorrect. Good luck and have fun with your production! John (bigears)

Chandler, Arizona

It should be no problem posting your piece. I always list what library the different instruments come from so the listeners know what is or what's not from the Garritan Libraries.

As I too have mentioned that I needed to use SoundFonts for my music that required the need for a choir. So post away!
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum