• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT - new forum profile display

Share/Bookmark

OT - new forum profile display

---removed---

Re: OT - new forum profile display

Not to worry Jonathan, I've just "befriended" you.

I don't think I'd ever have known about that update if you hadn't mentioned it. There are many people on this forum that I would count as friends, however, and I'd hate for it to be perceived as limited to this list.

me too!! I've just befriended you both!!

Oh NO!!!!! I can't use pretty colors now

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Wasn't there something better to use under 'friends' than "[user] hasn't made any friends"?!

just seems a little harsh, like elementary school all over again
    Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    There are many people on this forum that I would count as friends, however, and I'd hate for it to be perceived as limited to this list.
    I completely agree although having just checked it now says, 'Your friends list is empty.' At least this is an improvement.

Personally I think that this tab (Friends) is unnecessary and childish. I consider many members here to be forum friends whether or not they are names on a list.

As I say, just my opinion.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Me too! I befriended you as well but mine ezz pending the outcome of my new novel; "I befriended you but you befriended me first so I had to pend the befriend." Illustrated by Wilbert Wabash Wankel Jr.III and edited by GPO (Gary's Publishing Organization) written by and with Styxx's sticks.

Oh it's nice to have friends, yes?
    Styxx

I didn't even know about the "friends" deal, until you brought it up. It does seem a little bit like a note on your report card, "John hasn't made any friends yet."

I still don't know quite how it works yet (I'm a bit slow), I usually just click on things until it works or it stops working altogether.

But with your name and smile, you've got to have all kinds of friends.
    Regards, John (bigears)

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    I think it shows differently if you're viewing your own profile as opposed to someone else's (or on your User CP), but I'll have a look, maybe it did change.

Jon
    Interesting. I've just tried viewing some public profiles and many of those I looked at didn't have the 'Friends' tab showing. Does this mean there's some way of selecting which tabs show on our public profiles? I've searched through the options but couldn't find any way of doing this.

How did some members disable the 'Friends' tab on their profiles?
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I'm just a little unsure what the point of "Friends" is. Do I get house points if I have more friends ? I didn't know until today that there was a friends list, have I been missing something important ? I just didn't look to see what all the tabs did.

Is there a counselling service available for rejected "Friends"?

Previously I haven't spent much time looking at anyone's profile, other than to send a PM or two. Perhaps the "friends" thing is a bit like "links", something for the curious. It is a little bit odd, but I consider this forum to be a pretty friendly place in general, and myself to be a "friend" to all unless given a pretty darn good reason not to be. The only thing worse than "hasn't made any friends yet" would be to be a "rejected friend"

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro View Post
    me too!! I've just befriended you both!!

Oh NO!!!!! I can't use pretty colors now
    Steph my friend,

I like your new avatar

My best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum