• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm FAILING: authorizing GPO on new system, "system ID missing"

Share/Bookmark

I'm FAILING: authorizing GPO on new system, "system ID missing"

I'm falling on my face with this. Native Instruments has been helpful, but they're starting to suggest things like reinstalling windows.

I'm installing on a completely new system, and I've run down every single little hitch except authorizing GPO. I've confirmed, both by checking my NI account and by email, that my SN is correct. The message I get from the service center is that the "System ID is Missing."

Extra strange is that I own Komplete 4 & 5, all of which authorized no problem. So it's not that NI Service Center can't see my system ID . . . somehow that information isn't getting reported from the kompakt player or something.

Still working with NI, in a once-a-day email way, but maybe somebody's encountered this.

Running XP Pro SP3 (!), motherboard is asus commando, intel 6600 chip, not sure what else is relevant.

Thanks.

Re: I'm FAILING: authorizing GPO on new system, "system ID missing"

I have never seen this on XP SP2 (having authorized GPO KP1/2, JABB KP1/2, Stradivari 2, Kontakt 2, Kore 2 & Komplete 5 without a hitch). Are you trying to authorize GPO KP1? Just wondering if KP1 might be incompatible with XP SP3, as you obviously suspect yourself.

I am wondering if it's an SP3 thing, tho what I'm trying to authorize is a KP2 install.

Thanks.

I've been running into all sorts of weird SP3 issues here at work. I've run across an app that won't finish installing but works fine in SP2 on the same machine. I've installed SP3 on 4 different DELL machines and all lockup randomly with no error messages. They work fine with SP2. So it appears that Microsoft's quality control on the service pack were quite poor especially considering that it's only supposed to be a rollup of previous patches. It's obviously doing much more.

Jim

Hmm. Native Instruments has stopped replying . . . maybe they consider the matter closed. Pretty clearly, tho, I'm not going to wipe my system to run GPO (much as I like it).

The least sensible part of the whole business is that every NI plugin installed and authorized no problem.

Is there a way to bypass the Kompakt 2 install and simply import the GPO library into Kontakt 3? Kontakt 3 at least recognizes my system.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby yarrow View Post
    Is there a way to bypass the Kompakt 2 install and simply import the GPO library into Kontakt 3? Kontakt 3 at least recognizes my system.
    No. You can't load GPO in Kontakt 2/3 without first installing GPO and running its Kontakt Player standalone at least once. Sorry.

Did you try to call NI? Direct live contact yields faster and often better support than online forms/e-mails.

Go Back to forum