• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Loop Editor Question -- Kontakt 3

Sample Loop Editor Question -- Kontakt 3

Looping a sample (Until End -- for continuous play) -- set the start and end -- play the loop. Normal -- the loop works.

Change the loop start or end -- while the loop is playing -- and the loop doesn't follow the new settings -- continues playing the loop with the prior settings. Restarting the loop plays the loop with the new settings.

Obviously, I want to hear the new settings live -- and I'm certain I've done this in the past (been a few months). Where did I go wrong? I've clicked everything -- but nothing allows me to hear the new loop settings short of stopping and restarting the loop. Gotta be something dumb that I've forgotten (I'm 72).

NI Tech Support in Los Angeles responded to the above with the following:
    "As far as we are familiar with, the behavior you are describing is correct.

I'm not sure if this was different in some interim version of Kontakt, but I
    have let our developers know that this would be a valuable improvement to the

I'm not convinced.

Have any of you used the Loop Editor in Kontakt I was certain that I used this feature in the past -- and the new loop settings took effect immediately.

Fran Thompson (OldJarHead)

MSI K9N Platinum AM2 Mobo, 2G PC6400 800MHz Mem
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3Ghz CPU
    XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX 256MB PCIe Graphics
    3 IDE HDs 7200rpm, 2 Cheetah SCSI HD, 1 Sata, HP dvd 840, 1 USB 500GB HD
    Aardvark DirectPro audio -- ASIO
    Sonar 7.0.2, Samplitude 10.0.2, Kontakt, Altiverb 6.1.4 VST
    WinXP Home, 5.1.2600 SP2

Re: Sample Loop Editor Question -- Kontakt 3

I'm not sure if if it can be done, but if it can, I'm guessing K2/3 would have to be in sampler mode and not DFD mode.

Go Back to forum