• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where can I get Glissando Samples ?

Where can I get Glissando Samples ?

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a sample cd / vst (or download - free or otherwise) containing more unusual string sounds / articulations, eg scrapes & glissandos – the sort of thing used in the Lost soundtrack to create tension etc

I already own Garritan Personal Orchestra and a small East West orchestral library (Silver I think) and whilst these are good for standard sounds I can’t quite make them sound realistic when I go for this effect. I’m not really looking to expand on or pay for more standard sounds so ideally something that contains purely the more esoteric stuff that I can use in my soundtracks.

Also I don’t really want to spend more than £100.

Any help much appreciated

Re: Where can I get Glissando Samples ?

Does the EW library not have fx patches? Perhaps you need to upgrade to Gold..wouldnt cost too much

This would be the place to say, 'If only Alan Lastufka were still working on The Crypt' ...loud melodramatic sigh...

Project SAM's new Symphobia sounds like it might be what you're looking for, but it isn't released yet. Also, I don't think it's within your price range, but maybe if you start saving up now...
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thanks for the advice guys.
    Yeah EastWest Gold does seem to have what I'm after but can't really justify paying a couple of hundred quid just to get those samples.

Symphobia looks good too, sadly it's not released yet.

For now Ive just taken a chance on a PETER SIEDLACZEC ORCHESTRA SAMPLE CD I got off Ebay for £30 (the best service Kontakt edition at £160 seemed to offer what I was after, hopefully some of the samples will be the same). I can import the AKAI samples into halion.

But all further advice still greatly welcomed.

Thanks again

I found this excellent site this morning & thought I'd share it here - free downloads of orchestral instruments by instrument & articulation, including about a couple of dozen glissandos for each instruement

Go Back to forum