• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Hey Eric, do you think......

Share/Bookmark

Hey Eric, do you think......

.....there will ever be a day when so many of the cool Spectrasonics libs will be repackaged with a player or offered as an expansion for Omnisphere? I often forget about these libs because we are bombarded with something new every week but I'd still like to pick up almost all of them, I'm just thinking it would be cool if thier format was new as opposed to just changing over all of them to Kontakt. Just wondering. Thanks.

Eric

Re: Hey Eric, do you think......

Actually, Omnisphere will already be including the best of all the sample libraries too.
    (Maybe you missed that in the press release.)

When we say "epic", we mean it. :-)

spectrum

Whaahooo....Yeah....epic is the word!!!

Eric...if you watch the Omnisphere video's closesly...you can already see some of the patches of the libs in there....

One note about the Spectrasonics "best of sample library" material in the Omnisphere core library:

We are using the material in a very different way than they were presented in the original sample libraries, more like as extremely useful waveforms for creating new sounds with the STEAM engine. So even if you have some of the sample libraries, you'll be surprised how they sound when combined with vast amount of new core library material and the powerful synthesis of the STEAM engine.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    One note about the Spectrasonics "best of sample library" material in the Omnisphere core library:

We are using the material in a very different way than they were presented in the original sample libraries, more like as extremely useful waveforms for creating new sounds with the STEAM engine. So even if you have some of the sample libraries, you'll be surprised how they sound when combined with vast amount of new core library material and the powerful synthesis of the STEAM engine.

:-)
    I've seen you demo raw sounds and then show how they're transformed through STEAM. Does this mean we'll be able to turn off STEAM and play the raw samples as well?

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82 View Post
    I've seen you demo raw sounds and then show how they're transformed through STEAM. Does this mean we'll be able to turn off STEAM and play the raw samples as well?
    Absolutely!

It's very easy to play the multi-samples "plain vanilla-style" too. :-)

Note that STEAM is the name of the engine though, so you wouldn't actually be turning it OFF. You'd just be using the basic sample playback functions of the engine.

So like the Heart of Africa and SOV and all that stuff?

Oh yeah.. :-)

awesome!

....... and awesome again!

Slobbering savory samples Batman!!! That's unbelievable!! Thanks so much. But have you really tested these to see how well they do? I mean in the new STEAM engine? I dont know,...uhm, maybe you should send me a beta copy, you know, just so I can cover you should something not be right with it. I'm just trying to look out for your better interest Eric.

Go Back to forum