• Register
  • Help

Topic: Well, it finally happened.

Share/Bookmark

Well, it finally happened.

Me hard drive died. Problem ezz the whole PC (the old one) is dead. Good thing I saved and backed up my files, wrenches, hammers, and screwdrivers. Now, if I only had a saws all I would cut that puppy in half.

By the way ... how long will a Mac stay fresh in it's box?
    Styxx

Re: Well, it finally happened.

Don't do anything rash, like sawing it in two. There are utilities that can salvage data off that drive if necessary. And there are friends and members on the forum that can help guide you through the process. It's always time consuming and upsetting, but all is not lost. John (bigears)

Unless its completely b******d then there's a good chance you can get everything back. If its just the pc gone then the drive might work when plugged in to another machine. Donut despare.

Thanks guys but I am not dispondant over the loss of this particular PC (and many on this forum would agree) it has been a pain in the lower left center quadrant of the base of my spine ever since the first day I plugged it in.
    As for the repair or revitalization of the whole unit, we have an awesome IT teacher that offered to repair and possible upgrade seeing that it is a tower.
    Styxx

I'd take him up on the offer, salvage what you can, upgrade the rest, maybe save some bucks over buying a whole new computer, and you should be set for about six months until some amazing new innovation comes along .

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    I'd take him up on the offer, salvage what you can, upgrade the rest, maybe save some bucks over buying a whole new computer, and you should be set for about six months until some amazing new innovation comes along .
    Like a brain?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum