• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Roma Soundtrack Competition

Share/Bookmark

OT: Roma Soundtrack Competition

My uncle sent me a link to the Roma Soundtrack Competition, and I thought I'd share it in case anyone was interested.

I'm on the fence about it personally. I'd prefer to see more of the film before I decide to do it, but you only get to see it if you pay the 50 Euro entry fee, which I think is a bit high anyway. But I might do it anyway, since I'm not hugely busy at the moment.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: OT: Roma Soundtrack Competition

I'm italian. In Italy composers generally don't pay an entry fee when they enter a contest like that. 50 euros is a very expensive entry fee but prize is very cheap: just 1000 euros. (€50 x 20 contestants = €1000) ..... are contestants paying the prize?????
    I took a look at "contest rules" and I think that rules about composer's copyrights are not clear (I'm an attorney but, in my opinion, who wrote those rules was not a lawyer!). So you'd better think twice before you pay 78 bucks for entering this contest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJL View Post
    I took a look at "contest rules" and I think that rules about composer's copyrights are not clear (I'm an attorney but, in my opinion, who wrote those rules was not a lawyer!). So you'd better think twice before you pay 78 bucks for entering this contest!!!
    Whoever wrote the English translation wasn't an English speaker either. Total gibberish.
    David

Yeah, I've read the rules a bit more carefully since posting, and it's beginning to look like a bad deal. The deal breaker for me was that entrants are prohibited from duplicating the resulting video for any reason, so I couldn't use it in a portfolio for example.

After a bit of reflection, I think I'll pass.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

i'm italian too....sorry to say this but i think the judges know very little about film music...so i wouldn t do it..

Go Back to forum