• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To Distant Lands... more 'Golden Age' spam ;)

Share/Bookmark

To Distant Lands... more 'Golden Age' spam ;)

To Distant Lands

Here is a highly 'epic string' oriented piece. It is meant to reflect characters leaving one fantasy setting and journeying to far away lands and kingdoms. There is both a bit of adventure, but also an underlying sense of peril and mystery at what awaits on the horizon. That was the intention, anyways heh.

GPO strings/harp and supporting woodwinds comprise a large part of this, and the Solo Strad is actually mixed in with almost every string passage but it ended up getting lost in the crowd hehe. It's subtle legato still can be 'sensed' occasionally though, to make some of the strings flow from one note to the next with a bit more character.

Thanks for listening
    -Sam

Thumbs up Re: To Distant Lands... more 'Golden Age' spam ;)

WOW.

This has to be my new favorite Golden Age piece.

I love how you subtly incorporate some of the themes from other Golden Age stuff.

I love your orchestration. Absolutely AMAZING.

Goin' on my iPod.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Re: To Distant Lands... more 'Golden Age' spam ;)

You've got everything working in this piece. The writing, flow and the mixing are all superlative. I think you have conveyed the images you mentioned very well, (and I don't have a clue what "Golden Age" is). The Strad seems to work very well here as "concertmaster". Thanks for sharing this! John (bigears)

Thank you very much Daniel, great to know that you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielB View Post
    WOW.

This has to be my new favorite Golden Age piece.

I love how you subtly incorporate some of the themes from other Golden Age stuff.

I love your orchestration. Absolutely AMAZING.

Goin' on my iPod.

Thanks for your compliments John Golden Age is an audio production, an epic fantasy play basically, which is in development in London and will be broadcast over the radio as a series of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    You've got everything working in this piece. The writing, flow and the mixing are all superlative. I think you have conveyed the images you mentioned very well, (and I don't have a clue what "Golden Age" is). The Strad seems to work very well here as "concertmaster". Thanks for sharing this! John (bigears)

Just a note, I updated my web site, now all of the Golden Age tracks I have completed so far are available for download

http://www.samdillardmusic.com

Very nice work, Sam Dillard! Especially enjoyed your string and "French" horn work.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Sam, I'll take all the "Golden Age spam" I can get, so keep
    providing, keep providing.

Somewhere in all of this, Sam, I hope there's an album
    forthcoming. Magnificent work, once again -- the depth
    and emotion of the writing, the stunningly good rendering...

If I haven't hurled one of these at your Golden Age work
    previously, I am long remiss:

Bravo!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your comments etLux! Currently only a few tracks remain for this project to be completed, and right now everything I have composed is available on my site at http://www.samdillardmusic.com

Sam - a delightful piece of orchestration with a story to match. Thanks for sharing this!
    Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast