• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2008a and Kontakt 3

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008a and Kontakt 3

I work on Finale 2008a with fullGPO, JABB and CoMB on K2 Player. I recently receive Kontakt 3. I installed all Garritan libraries on K3 and seems to be ok on my Sonar sequencer. I put the dll in vst finale and can choose K3 within Finale. But dynamic now control CC#7 and KS seems to be not working. So I have to changes HP setup.

As I want to use pop instrument from the K3 original instrument bank and orchestral instrument from fullGPO, I suppose that I will have to trigger on libraries's name. How can I found the name that Finale receive or see ?

Thank you
    Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
    QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 8Gbytes, many SATA2 drives. XP Pro and Vista x64.
    Finale 2010b, Sonar PE 8.5.2
    KP2 and Kontakt 4, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB, EWQLSO Plat+, EWQLSC
    Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Re: Finale 2008a and Kontakt 3

You will have to create new Human Playback Preferences - Instrument
    Techniques and Effects (copies of the existing GPO, JABB & CoMB defs) with Apply only: set to "If playback device name contains:" "Kontakt 3". Mind you, these techniques will apply to all instruments loaded in K3, no matter which library they belong to.
    An alternative is to have Apply only: set to "If staff name contains:" "GPO" or "JABB" or CoMB" and then incorporate these exact strings in the staff names with small size, hidden letters. That way you can differentiate the behaviour of each library.

Re: Finale 2008a and Kontakt 3

Dear Nickie,
    I understand that my device will be Konakt 3 for all libraries. I thank that I can detect which library was used. Indeed, I can use the option 'If library name contain' in the selecting list but I was unable to determined what is the name of libraries ?
    I continue to looking for those names.
    Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
    QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 8Gbytes, many SATA2 drives. XP Pro and Vista x64.
    Finale 2010b, Sonar PE 8.5.2
    KP2 and Kontakt 4, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB, EWQLSO Plat+, EWQLSC
    Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

Go Back to forum