• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Steinway a few more questions. Sorry :S

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Steinway a few more questions. Sorry :S

Hellooooo...

I'm very very interested in the Steinway Garritan, which is my favourite from all the pianos released the past couple of years or so!

I usually don't bother people so much with my spending, I went and bought the strad, immediately when I needed it, end of story. As well as other stuff. but in this case there are various factors to consider...

1. My machine is exactly in the minimum requirements! The bottom! P4 2.8 GHz, ATA (), 7200 rpm and 2 GB RAM. 4 year old machine, what did you expect?

So will the steinway run in "all it's glory", without any features missing in such an old machine? I do need sustain and sympathetic resonance, because the piece asks for it. I do need half pedaling and una cord (soft pedal), because my piece asks for it!

Yes, I will buy a new machine at some point, but until then I'm stuck with such a dinosaur really...

2. Gary, even in PM, how long until the trail, downloadable version? I have a very specific reason that I'm asking...

3. standard vs pro edition. The only thing different, that I can tell are the 3 additional perspectives, right?

Thank you for your time dear forum mebers, mods, admins and Gary!

Re: Garritan Steinway a few more questions. Sorry :S

Nikolas, I am running the Garritan Steinway along with all my other instruments simultaneously on a four year old Dell computer with 2 gigs of ram and the same speed as yours, it runs flawlessly.

Dan

Hi Nicolas, Here is an answer from yesterday regarding the basic downloadable version of the GASP.

Originally Posted by Pierre Laroche
    Hi Gary,

Are there some news about when the downloadable basic Steinway version will be available ?

Thanks,
    Pierre

Hi Pierre,

We're just finalizing the download shop and hopefully next week some time.

Best,

Gary

Well Jon,

This is brilliant news for me!

The fact (that I forgot to post) is that for this project, I won't be even playing live. I have the midi file ready. Not that I won't love playing live, but anyhow... And it's solo piano! so if it works for you, then it will work for me (at least logic says that)!

Last thing I need is the trial version and my plans will be fullfilled! buahahahaha!

BTW... now that I think about it: Garritan Steinway + Reverb = good or bad?

Woah!

I love you guys!

Now where's my credit card, and where's my wife? My credit card needs to be next to me and my wife not! (heh...)

All answers replied! I love you!

Hi Nikolas,

I think your machine will be just fine. When we list our system requirements for the Steinway it is for reliable and good performance, and not the absolute minimum.

The downloadable version we expect any time. Please email me directly as I may need your help with this Nikolas. There will be an upgrade path to Standard and Pro. The differences are three more perspectives and 24 bit capability.

All the best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Garritan Steinway + blind one-armed chimpanzee = good.
    Jon

We'll look into the blind one-armed chimpanzee for the next upgrade.

GG

Go Back to forum