• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha C7 on EWQLPianos

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha C7 on EWQLPianos

Has anyone used the EastWestQuantumLeap Pianos' Yamaha?
    How does it sound when played softly? The demos on the official page are usually played loud : I cant make a judgement if the Yamaha on the EWQLP is any good...

Thanks!

Re: Yamaha C7 on EWQLPianos

Quote Originally Posted by shockmx View Post
    Has anyone used the EastWestQuantumLeap Pianos' Yamaha?
    How does it sound when played softly? The demos on the official page are usually played loud : I cant make a judgement if the Yamaha on the EWQLP is any good...

Thanks!
    The Yamaha fills a specific space in the group of pianos from EW. It is a bright sound, suitable in particular to Jazz combo work. I think it is an excellent "pop" piano. Unlike most bright sampled pianos, it is very smooth up and down the keyboard.

To be honest, I think the EW Pianos are the best hands down, but the price you pay for the quality is that you really must have the fastest, most powerful computer possible to use them without severe compromise in playability. An 8 core Intel Mac would be my recommendation.

I currently have a G5 dual 2.5 with 5.5 Gig Ram, and separate FW Raid drives for samples. I am limited to the "Lite" versions for free improvisation. However, if you have te computer to run it. The Yamaha is great. All the others are great, too, and they each fill a niche. Between 'em all, you'll have everything I will ever need (until something more amazing arrives, for instance.)

One oddity. Unlike the PMI Bosendorfer, for instance, there is much less attention to pedal noises and the various clunking sounds a live piano recording always has in it. I do not find this to be a drawback. I consider the pristine nature of the layers and pedal layers to be fantastic.

I have no relationship to EW at all, other than I own all the Play items, and they all are really good. Compared to the pianos, the others are all relatively light on content, but there is a lot to like in them all.

HTH,

Dave

Re: Yamaha C7 on EWQLPianos

I agree with Dave, they are inspiring to Play, and I've been an Ivory and Italian Grand owner since those came out too. EWQL Pianos raised the bar.

Go Back to forum