• Register
  • Help

Topic: Holy Smoke!

Share/Bookmark

Holy Smoke!

Hey Styxx! Did you smell the charred chicken tonight? There was enough smoke to send a strong scent to Buffalo! I am having a hard time getting the feel of the broiler on this stove, which we have had for at least two years. It is very good at quickly cremating chicken skins! I was pleased that the wind direction would carry the smoke away from such few neighbors as I have! End result was good, although it reminded me of a saying of my father, which always annoyed my mother, "when it's brown, its cooking. when its black, its done!"

Richard

Re: Holy Smoke!

This morning the sky out over the Atlantic was dark and ominous.

What were you cooking ? ostriches ?

Thumbs up Re: Holy Smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Hey Styxx! Did you smell the charred chicken tonight? There was enough smoke to send a strong scent to Buffalo! I am having a hard time getting the feel of the broiler on this stove, which we have had for at least two years. It is very good at quickly cremating chicken skins! I was pleased that the wind direction would carry the smoke away from such few neighbors as I have! End result was good, although it reminded me of a saying of my father, which always annoyed my mother, "when it's brown, its cooking. when its black, its done!"

Richard
    Ha! I was wondering why the people in Buffalo had their nose in the air. Hey, this is the chicken wing capitol of the world and when chicken is cooking filling the air, we all stop, look, and start our gills.

That's great Richard yet next time give me heads up and we'll be over (all eight of us) for dinner.

PS-Need some Buffalo sauce for next chicken grilling?
    Styxx

It rained chicken parts here last evening.

The storm came in from the west...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Better than us in the West Coast. We have the smell of burning video tapes in the air, thanks to the poor fire prevention infrastructure of Universal Studios. :P
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum