• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Anniversary Sale June 2-3 - 50% off!

Share/Bookmark

Smile Scarbee Anniversary Sale June 2-3 - 50% off!

We welcome you to our 8 Years Anniversary Sale, June 2-3 and offer 50% discount on all products!

Scarbee was started 8 years ago with a goal to make high quality software instruments - with a lot of passion, heart and soul.
    Through the years all of our releases have received great reviews and we have tried to keep a close relationship to our users.
    In 2007 we started to offer downloable versions of all our sample libraries and FX Plugin and it has been a great success.
    In 2008 we expect to release several new bass sounds including Blue Bass.

cheers
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Scarbee Anniversary Sale June 2-3 - 50% off!

Thanks. I am interested in purchasing. But I would respectfully request that you try to include the prices inclusive of VAT on your products page.

Whenever I shop online at certain sites, I am always irritated to find an extra VAT charge whacked on to the price right at the end of the checkout process. In the past, I've cancelled orders when faced with it. Psychologically, it's a sudden disincentive to buy. I'd rather retailers be upfront about their prices.

As I said, I mean no disrespect to you. I'm sure you don't mean anything by it. But I think it might help you if the prices were listed in full right at the start.

Best wishes and luck to you.

P.S. I thought VAT was 17.5% not 25%. It's certainly 17.5% in the UK.

[quote=Not Dudley Simpson;573716]Thanks. I am interested in purchasing. But I would respectfully request that you try to include the prices inclusive of VAT on your products page.

Hi Not Dudley

I may consider this - however the VAT price will certainly confuse non-EU cistizens as they don't know what VAT is and may think they will have to pay that price too- Needs a lot of explanation.

Whenever I shop online at certain sites, I am always irritated to find an extra VAT charge whacked on to the price right at the end of the checkout process.
    If you make an account/profile you will see the right price in shop.

In the past, I've cancelled orders when faced with it. Psychologically, it's a sudden disincentive to buy. I'd rather retailers be upfront about their prices.
    I used to have 2 shops - one for EU citizens and one for non-eu citizens. But it was a mess since it was double the maintanence and also customers "cheated" so EU citizens used US shop etc.

As I said, I mean no disrespect to you.
    I appreciate your comments - so no problem

P.S. I thought VAT was 17.5% not 25%. It's certainly 17.5% in the UK
    We're located in Denmark - and VAT is 25% here. I have to charge this according to the law. However if you have a valid VAT number you can buy without the VAT.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Thanks for the reply, Thomas.

Perhaps you could consider doing what many other retailers do: include both prices inc. & excl. VAT. It's a simple thing and it provides the purchaser with all the info they really need. It avoids those sudden little shocks at the end of the checkout that, even though the increments might be relatively small, just make you go "hmmmm..." You know what I mean.

Cheers and luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Thomas.

Perhaps you could consider doing what many other retailers do: include both prices inc. & excl. VAT.
    Done - though it looks a bit bad with 4 prices shown on sale...
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Another scarbee sale! Hot dang! But wait, I already own everything! Great stuff, highly reccomend, looking forward to Blue Bass.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Question Re: Scarbee Anniversary Sale June 2-3 - 50% off!

Hi again Thomas

I've been using CEP (giga) and it's fantastic, especially the 24bit version. I've got quite a few roadies. CEP feels like the real deal. Totally musical. Cheers!

A question: what do the files prefixed with an E actually do? I can't seem to hear a big difference or find a reference in the manual.

All the best.

Go Back to forum